Senior Field Manager
BACKGROUND: Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a leading international organization working in relief, rehabilitation, protection, post-conflict development, resettlement services and advocacy for those affected by the world’s worst humanitarian crises. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
Working in coordination with the humanitarian community and the Government of Jordan, the IRC’s assistance programs for Syrian refugees in Jordan include both camp-based and urban-based refugee assistance. IRC is currently addressing the needs of war-affected Syrians from several operational bases in the region. The IRC’s activities in the region focus primarily on the supply of vital medications and medical supplies, non-food items, water and sanitation and child protection and form part of an over-arching humanitarian response in Jordan, Lebanon, Turkey, Iraq to assist refugees, IDPs and conflict-affected Syrians survive conflict and displacement.
The Senior Field Manager (SFM) will directly supervise the operations and finance departments and coordinate their work in supporting projects and programs implemented by IRC in North Jordan to ensure the timely implementation of quality programming that meet the assessed need of the beneficiaries. The SFM will also support the Deputy Director for Operations (DDO) and Deputy Director of Programs (DDP) in representing IRC in coordination meetings and in front of authorities, and facilitation of donor visits.
· Manage field operational budgets; liaise closely with finance to monitor cash flow, review BVAs and track spending;
· Oversee field operations and finance departments ensuring all policies, procedures and practices are in compliance with IRC, donor and national requirements
· Ensure proper lead time is being respected when processing PRs, payments and similar requests related to Operations & Finance at the field level
· Ensure proper registration status for all IRC field sites; in coordination with relevant IRC departments and relevant authorities
· Assume overall responsibility for the security and safety of all IRC staff and assets in Mafraq and other field locations.
· Ensure compliance with IRC security plans and protocols; in supervision and coordination with the Safety & Security officer
· Follow up with programs on their procurement plans, and make sure that timelines are being met according to plans
· Support the revision, implementation and reporting against the Strategy Action Plan (SAP) in Jordan and right-size support structures to align with those SAP transitions and objectives;
· Develop and regularly monitor staffing and field operational strategy to support programs, including contingency plans in cases of growth or downsizing;
· Regularly visit the field locations to monitor all operations related issues are meeting IRC regulations.
Staff Management: Practice excellent human resource management, supporting the development, promotion and retention of a motivated team of qualified and experienced staff.
- Ensure strong working relationships and team cohesion between the Mafraq and Amman offices
- Identify staffing and/or skill gaps and see that these gaps/needs are filled and support the recruitment of all Supply Chain staff and provide day to day supervision of department.
· Supervise and mentor direct-report staff, including communicating clear expectations, setting performance objectives, providing regular and timely performance feedback, and leading documented semi-annual performance reviews; and discussing job expectations, performance, and objectives on an informal, quarterly basis with all staff
· Promote and monitor staff care and well-being; approve and manage leave requests to ensure adequate coverage.
· Offer leadership support for successful adherence by staff to IRC’s Global and in country HR Operating Policies and Procedures.
· If/as required identify staff performance issues and work with Human Resources to document and address these in accordance with the employment policies.
- Adhere to and act in accordance with the IRC Global HR Policies and Procedures
Coordination and representation
· The SFM will support the DDO to ensure various sector departments / teams are integrated and that there is cross collaboration and coordination amongst the teams
· In close coordination with the SOC, the SFM will represents IRC in meetings with local authorities, NGOs, UN agencies and other external actors.
· Under Coordination with DDO, liase (internally & externally) and follow up on donors visit to different field programs.
Training & Outreach: Proactively develop the skills of IRC staff to understand and utilize Supply Chain, HR and financial tools and services to design and implement quality programming.
- Collaborate and coordinate with Programs, SC and Finance teams to ensure integrated and harmonized operational systems and support.
- Work with field staff to identify operational needs and ensure the issues are raised in new budget development.
- Ensure all support staff are aware of and in compliance with IRC procurement, asset and stock management, transport, communications, etc, in order for them to clearly share this information.
- Assist support staff in working with program staff towards establishing procurement plans before the start of each grant ensuring they fit the activities in the budget, are donor compliant and realistic in terms of timing.
- Implement job and site specific trainings to ensure that support staff possess the knowledge and skills commensurate with their responsibilities.
· Review and submission of monthly field reports on fuel consumption, vehicles usage, inventory reports assets tracking, assets reports, SCMR, etc.
· Any other task as required by supervisor.
PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
Position reports to: Deputy Director for Operations
Position directly supervises: Senior Supply Chain Officer, Operations Officer, Sr.Finance Officer, Security Officer, IT Officer, Fleet Assistant
Indirect Reporting: Country Director
Other internal: Deputy Director of Programs, Procurement Manager, Program Managers, Program Coordinators, Finance Controller, HR staff
Other external: Relevant stakeholders, both government and INGO.
· University degree.
· At least 3 years minimum experience working in a humanitarian and/or development NGO;
· Proven experience as an efficient and effective manager;
· Exceptional organizational and coordination skills;
· Experience and reliability in carrying out safety and security protocols
· Good knowledge of procurement, fleet & finance tasks
· Excellent relationship-building, interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively represent IRC externally;
· Strong negotiation skills essential with experience in conflict resolution desirable;
· Ability to plan, prioritize, coordinate and manage human resources.
· Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines and objectives.
· Flexible work attitude.
· Good computer skills: facility with MicroSoft Office applicaions.
· Strong communication skills, with excellent written and spoken English.
Working Environment: The position is based in Mafraq; with standard office work environment. The area of responsibility is covering Mafraq, and Irbid governorates; with oversight of implementation in Azraq and Zaatari camps.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Only Applicants who apply through the link will be considered :