Senior Field Manager, Accountability and Research Team, Technical Assistance Program
International Advisory, Products and Systems (i-APS) is a consulting firm that helps organizations measure, adapt and deliver through a proven, people-first approach. A U.S.-based, minority and woman-owned business, i-APS leverages global expertise with local presence to transform organizations and communities into partners for change.
Position Summary: i-APS is seeking a Senior Field Manager for the Accountability and Research Team (ART) program that will support the USAID Assistance Platform (USAID/AP) by providing professional support services to USAID for designing and conducting evaluations, monitoring activity performance and strengthen the capacity of USAID and implementing partners’ (IPs’) staff in monitoring, evaluation & learning (MEL). The Sr. Field Manager will contribute to the monitoring and evaluation of USAID/SAP activities through the management of data collection and capacity building tasks. The Sr. Field Manager will build effective working relationships with IP staff and local stakeholders operating in the field and collaborate with them to design data collection plans and implement capacity building tasks.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Manage a field-based operations center responsible for arranging all logistics and planning related to data collection
· Supervise and train data collection teams for routine and ongoing data tasks related to monitoring, evaluation and research products
· Support use of digital data collection including database entry by ART’s data collection teams, and IPs;
· Serve as primary contact and representative to the IPs at the field level
· Identify field-level personnel needs including specific sector expertise and manage local recruitment.
· Manage and track data collection processes, and ensure quality, timely and actionable information for management, review, reflection and key learning process to improve IP MEL performance.
· Support the development, documentation and updates for USAID/AP MEL activities
· Support and maintain data collection and data management systems on an ongoing basis.
· Manage project databases to facilitate timely information updates, data quality assurance, sharing of information and learning, etc.;
· Support the development of appropriate monitoring, tracking and reporting systems, tools and templates that enhance monitoring of project outputs and quality, generate quality evidence on project impact and promote and ensure use of data for decision-making processes;
· Work with IPs to integrate MEL into adaptive management as an ongoing capacity development strategy;
· Coordinate with partner organizations to ensure data is collected on time;
· Conduct regular monitoring visits of ongoing data collection teams to ensure data quality;
· Share and assist with the interpretation of regular written reports on monitoring findings and program participants stories;
· Organize field-based meetings and workshops focused on capacity building and learning;
· Generate data reports from the project databases at regular intervals, ensuring reports/information are available for IP and USAID/AP staff as required.
· Facilitate data analysis with project implementation team as requested
· Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, business management, international development, economics, political science, public administration or related field required.
· 5 years of experience conducting monitoring, evaluations and/or assessments in developing countries.
· At least 3 years of experience managing or leading data collection teams.
· Strong analytical skills and experience designing data collection tools and surveys;
· Experience project performance data entry, cleaning, verification, and reporting through use of database tools.
· Experience working with quantitative and qualitative data collection software;
· Oral and written fluency in Arabic required, ability to communicate in English.
· Familiarity with USAID programs in the Region is a plus.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
If you are interested and qualified, please send your resume to [email protected].
Subject line: Job Title
In the body of the e-mail please tell us about Your full name, where you currently reside, what languages you speak and Your last relevant to this announcement assignment.