Site Manager Position
Are you passionate about design, technology, and education? Do you have a wide range of
interests beyond your primary discipline? Do you love the creative energy you accessed through
your own design education and want to share this with students? If so, join our team in Amman
as a Site Manager for the NuVu- Karam program at Ruwwad Al-Tanmeya. The NuVu-Karam
program is an extension of NuVu Studio, an innovation school for 12-18-year-old students based
in Cambridge, MA, USA. NuVu-Karam was developed as a partnership between NuVu Studio
and the Karam Foundation to spread innovative educational methods throughout the Middle
We are seeking a candidate with interests in design, technology, and education to join the
innovative education program that is being launched at Ruwwad Al-Tanmeya, a non-profit
community development organization that works with disenfranchised communities through
education, youth volunteerism, and grassroots organizing. The program will be deployed at the
Ruwwad headquarters in Jabal al Natheef in Amman, Jordan. Through this program, Ruwwad
will offer design and engineering based studio courses for high school students that will take
place on a daily basis.
The Site Manager will be in charge of co-managing various aspects of the program at Ruwwad,
in collaboration with members of the NuVu Studio Team in the US. These program components
will include curriculum development, in-house professional development, management of
mentors and students, and continuous coordination with NuVu.
As a Site Manager for the NuVu-Karam Program at Ruwwad, your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting NuVu in the day-to-day management of program at Ruwwad, management of the Ruwwad mentors and development of required resources.
- Supporting NuVu-Karam coaches at Ruwwad with design and implementation of engaging and creative studios.
- Giving critical feedback to students about their ideas and their prototypes while on-site.
- Facilitating consistent and thorough communication of daily and biweekly updates with Ruwwad and NuVu.
- Graduate or undergraduate degree in a design field (i.e. architecture, industrial design, graphic design), or 2-5 years of work experience in a creative environment.
- A passion for working in education.
- Detail-oriented and extremely organized.
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively with a diverse group of people.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- Must be an open-minded and creative thinker.
- A strong understanding of the design and making process: brainstorming, ideating, and prototyping.
- Teaching experience.
- Graphic and written communication skills.
- Experience in program design and management.
- Experience in team coordination and cross-cultural exchange.
- Design, programming, electronics, and fabrication expertise.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and 3D modeling software (Rhino and Fusion preferred).
- Proficiency with Arduino and designing with electronics.
Email your CV/resume to [email protected] with subject “Amman Site Manager Applicant”