Regional Human Resources Manager (RHRM) – Middle East
Position: Regional Human Resources Manager (RHRM) – Middle East
Region: Middle East Region
Reports to: Regional Director – Middle East
Location: Amman, Jordan with approximately 50% travel in the region; international travel may be required
Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships, and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
The Regional HR Manager (RHRM) serves as the technical HR resource for the Regional Director in their oversight and support to country programs, as well as Country Directors and HR Managers/Officer with regards to labor law compliance; compensation design, analysis and implementation; employee relations; learning and development; performance management, recruitment, etc.
As such the RHRM helps to ensure high quality HR management and administration as well as the development, implementation and monitoring of standards and compliance in all areas of HR. The RHRM oversees directly the Senior Regional HR Officer and supervises technically the Country HR Managers in the Middle East (Yemen, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey).
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Human Resources Systems and Management
- Work with Global HR Manager to review and apply human resource and administrative policies and procedures in the country offices and ensure that they are effective, efficient, fair and transparent, and promote equal opportunities.
- Train HR Managers/Officers in the respective countries on human resource policies and procedures at RI.
- Conduct regular field travel to country offices to review human resources and administrative procedures.
- Provide the Regional Director with sound and effective advice on all staff issues and support managers in the region on the care, development, performance, motivation and contribution of the workforce
- Recruitment and staffing
- The RI-RHRM with support from the Senior Regional HR Officer will perform all recruitment cycles to fill expat and Third Country National vacancies for the region.
- Provide support and supervision to local HRMs in the country offices for large scale recruitments.
- Together with the Senior Regional HR Officer, ensure onboarding of new hires; employee orientation are effectively conducted by the supervisor
- Collaborate with Global HR team to maintain the accuracy of department organization charts (tracker for recruitment.)
- Administration and compliance
- Work with HR Managers to ensure legal compliance in admin functions such as; work permit registrations and visa renewals for all countries within the region.
- Follow up on Expatriate staff services in terms of relocations and making the necessary arrangement for incoming staff who will be based in region.
- Ensure country HR Managers establish and maintain personnel files, ensuring all emergency data forms are filled and safely filled
- Conduct regular HR audits in countries within the region to ensure compliance to RI policies, procedures, systems and donor regulations as well as ensuring correctness of necessary documentation such as timesheets, leave forms, payrolls and exit interviews.
- Capacity building and staff development
- Provide training, support and advice on performance management and staff development plans and ensure performance reviews are conducted when required as per the RI policy and procedure.
- In conjunction with the Organizational Development and Training Director , ensure all expatriate staff have received their orientation and are enrolled in the RI Academy.
- Identify training needs of expatriate staff and together with the Organizational Development and Training Director , enroll them in relevant courses that meet their training goals and needs.
- Performance Management — RI Excel
- Monitor the evaluation processes at all stages and ensure that expatriate staff and supervisors complete the review process in a timely manner.
- Provide guidance to supervisors as they complete evaluations, help supervisors find effective coaching methods that work for specific issues including identifying areas of poor performance and assisting supervisors to establish plans for improving performance (PIPS), be present during review meetings when necessary.
- Provide ongoing support to RI Excel users, including responding to various inquiries raised by different employees, clarifying the appraisal forms, methodology etc
- Compensation and Benefits
- Recommend updates to RI’s on benefits that ensure organizational competitiveness in local talent markets, deliver flexibility and creativity to employees, and are cost-effective for RI.
- Implement compensation policies and benefit programs for the region including annual salaries and benefits where applicable.
- Employee Relations
- Work with Global HR team and Country Directors to ensure Employee Manuals are localized and valid in country and interprets and applies the Local law and RI HR policies
- Respond to employee relations issues, such as employee complaints, harassment allegations, and civil rights complaints.
- Contribute to the successful execution of RI’s strategy for support to the Middle East country offices as a member of Regional Support Office’s management team.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree minimum (a degree in Human Resources is an added advantage)
- 7+ years of previous experience in a senior human resources role preferably in the INGO sector
- Experience managing recruitment at a senior level;
- Strong working knowledge of and experience in international and local national HR.
- Experience working with and/or in the Middle East region highly preferred.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken. Fluency in Arabic is a plus
- Strong writing and presentation skills with the ability to communicate well within and across diverse groups and perspectives.
- Superior problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to earn trust and appropriately handle confidential and sensitive matters
- High level of energy and the ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task and be highly proactive around all functions of human resources
- Expert MS Office and Google software skills, experience with applicant tracking software, and strong technical/computer skills
- Strong professionalism, diplomacy, composure and flexibility
- Ability to travel within the Middle East region and at times internationally
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
- Transparency and accountability
- Agility and innovation
Interested applicants are requested to fill in their application by clicking on the link below.