Summary: The Human Resources Manager is responsible for overseeing day-to-day HR administration and implementation of human resources functions, including: high quality and efficient staff recruitment, retention, contract management, orientation, learning and development, employee engagement and staff care, performance management, providing direct advice and guidance to managers and staff on HR policies and procedures, compensation and benefits administration, legal and code of conduct compliance, reporting and data management. Working closely with the CD and managerial team, s/he will help ensure that CVT Jordan maintains an effective, positive, and engaged workforce that achieves its rehabilitation and capacity-building objectives while promoting a healthy team work culture that upholds and reflects CVT organizational value.
Workforce Management 50%
Recruitment: Work closely with the CD and hiring managers to recruit new staff members by researching recruitment sources, developing recruitment strategies, publicizing vacancy notices, and exploring creative relationships in the community for sourcing candidates. Ensure a transparent, timely and efficient recruitment process. Review resumes, screen applicants, coordinate and participate in interviews, conduct checks on academic qualifications, professional licenses, work experiences, and references etc. Prepare (conditional) job offers, legal compliance with work permits and visas for non-Jordanian recruits, employment contracts, explanation of benefit package, and other necessary documents for CD’s approval and distribution. Coordinate communication with applicants and respond to enquiries. Maintain records on recruitment process and outcomes.**
· Employee Transitions: Organize and coordinate effective on-boarding (orientation and induction), other changes in employee’s status, and off-boarding (handover and exit) of transitioning staff members’ introduction to HR policies and benefits, new employee paperwork, systems, work authorization, end of service payments and legal clearance, and HR policy interpretations/advice as needed.
· Administration: Effectively manage the day-to-day administration of absences and leave requests and provide administrative approval to national staff leave requests in compliance with CVT Jordan’s internal regulations and staff leave balances, prepare letters of employment. Prepare and circulate appropriate information (e.g. staff approved leave list and leave days balance) on a regular base to managers. Liaise with Finance Manager the monthly administration of payroll, taxes, and benefits for Jordan national staff members. Process enrolments, changes and terminations of participants in all benefit plans and programs, and maintain benefits files and all compliance obligations.**
· Employee Relations: Improve manager and employee performance by identifying and clarifying problems, evaluating and implementing solutions, and counseling team members on approaches to open communications and conflict resolution with mutual respect. Conduct employee surveys and meetings to understand and evaluate team dynamics and promote a positive, responsive, and reflective work culture. Manage staff inquiries and grievances. Conduct disciplinary review procedures and advise on appropriate outcomes, in collaboration with supervisors. Provide direct support and advise the CD and managers on staff communication to ensure clear, consistent, and transparent communications.
· Staff Development: In collaboration with the department responsible, coordinate and support the implementation of appropriate staff learning tools and initiatives as available. Provide constructive feedback and counsel on career paths and professional development.**
· Performance Management: Develop and maintain accurate job descriptions, in close collaboration with managers. Develop and oversee the coordination and monitoring of (bi-) annual staff performance evaluations, including development goals and work plans, sending out to reminders to supervisors and update tracking sheets. Promote and monitor staff care and well-being. Model healthy work-life balance practices. **
· Coaching: Regularly check in with, coach, and train supervisors on effective and legally sound HR & administrative practices from hiring to dismissal, and conduct training on development goal setting. Provide problem-solving assistance to employees and supervisors on work-related issues. **
· HR Data Management: Oversee or delegate the establishment and maintenance the systematic production, collection, retention and use of electronic and physical files for all employees. Ensure security and confidentiality of all records. Track and document changes in employment status and employee information in a timely manner. Collect and control timesheets of national and international staff and process time sheets data entry on leaves report on a monthly basis. Prepare and circulate appropriate information on a regular basis. Periodically audit records for accuracy.**
· Compensation and Benefits: Ensure internal equity and the correct application of employment conditions on job site(s); assist further as needed at the request of the CD and/or PM. Ensure on-time and accurate employee payments.**
· Organizational Management: Advise on organizational structure and oversee the development of organizational succession opportunities and job family models for key disciplines, functions, and strategic focus areas. Ensure proper number of staffing.
Human Resources Policies & Procedures 25%
Policy Development: Work with senior management and HQ Human Resources Department to develop, refine, monitor and implement human resources policies and protocols in line with Jordan national labor laws as well as CVT’s country strategy, operational needs, and internal regulations.
Policy Evaluation: Participate and advise during regular reviews of CVT Jordan human resources policies and strategies, and solicit feedback from team members to inform and craft fair, transparent, and accountable policies consistent with local law and headquarters employee guidelines
Policy Dissemination: Maintain an accurate record of current HR policies and procedures. Ensure all team members understand applicable HR policies and procedures, and be proactive in providing refresher information and/or in educating staff on any updates and changes. Respond to employee enquiries regarding policies, procedures, and HR manuals.
Legal Compliance: Assess and review compliance with all local regulations and protocols affecting human resource activities for employment of both national and international staff in Jordan. Remain current on all applicable laws, legal frameworks, and labor policies. Liaise with and seek guidance from CVT Jordan’s attorney as required. Provide consultation with the CD and if needed with the HQ-based PM and HR Director. Ensure local labour law and CVT internal regulations are adhered to in the scope of their responsibilities.
In a leadership capacity, actively promote and contribute to a principled, fair, creative, and transparent work culture that encourages staff openness, trust, diversity, and engagement.
Staff care: In close collaboration with senior management, devise staff care action plans that elevate morale and support the social, physical, and psychological well-being of staff; develop emergency staff care interventions as a team
Incorporating staff needs and ideas, coordinate teambuilding workshops and activities, and follow-up.
Other Responsibilities 5%
Evaluation of Risk: As a participant in Risk Management activities, help ensure organizational risks are anticipated, identified, and mitigated to promote the safety and welfare of all CVT Jordan staff members.
Incident Response: Help troubleshoot and manage HR-related risk management incidents as they arise, and provide HR-related guidance to the risk management team during and after safety-related health, environment, or security incidents. Implement recommendations in areas of responsibility and support the overall HR Risk Management efforts.
Networking: Participate in organization-wide events and activities. Regularly attend INGO HR working group meetings.
Prepare timely reports and analyses on departmental activities.
Other: Perform other planning and administrative duties as required.
Qualifications: Required education, experience, certificates, licenses or registrations
A Bachelor’s degree in business or human resources administration preferred.
- At least five (5) years of professional experience in Jordan is required; previous HR Management highly desirable, including conceptualizing & implementing Management / Organizational systems
- Strongly preferred: experience in complex multi-cultural team dynamics; high-stress, trauma-oriented environments.
- Fluency in English and Arabic required
- Experience in surveys, data gathering, analysis, and presentation
- Knowledge of software and IT systems for HR and other employee information strongly preferred; high computer literacy required; ability to extract relevant data for quality analysis
- Understanding of legal and bureaucratic landscape, including fiscal obligations, local authorities / administration
Preferred education, experience, certificates, licenses or registrations
A Master’s degree in business or human resources administration is an asset.
- Teamwork / Cooperation: facilitation, negotiation, interpersonal and conflict resolution; ability to maintain credibility and work collaboratively across team and department boundaries
- Management / Leads by Example: maintains transparency & accountability whilst preserving strict confidentiality, demonstrates self-awareness and desire to learn, fosters positive team dynamics, manages constructive feedback & expectations
- Behavioral flexibility / adaptability: identification of shifting priorities, situational nuance, appropriate solutions to achieve objectives
- Strong commitment to the humanitarian principles and objectives of CVT.
Other: Ability to travel between 3-10 hours per week by vehicle to program locations required.
- Is strictly committed to respect CVT’s confidentiality policy and to not disclose any information.
- Will use his/her best endeavors to prevent the disclosure by others any matters of a confidential nature to which they may be or become privacy because of this agreement.
- Upholds the highest humanitarian standards, including the Inter-Agency Standing Committee (IASC) six key principles related to prevention of sexual abuse and exploitation.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No supervisory responsibilities; may change according to the needs of the project / delegation of the Country Director (CD)
Internal Collaboration: Primary line of reporting to Jordan-based Country Director. The Director of Human Resources at CVT Headquarters. S/he works closely with a team of supervisors and is part of the senior management team.
In country: clinical and program staff, Head of Finance, Operations Manager, Chief of Party and/or CD
HQ-based: Project Coordinator (PC), Project Manager (PM) and HR Director
External Collaboration: Other service providers in the field, donors, and funders, members of the INGO HR sub working group.**
Office environment with off-site meetings**
Position is based in Amman .
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and see. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand, walk and climb stairs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift and carry heavy supplies. This position requires car travel up to 2 hours per one-way journey.
Travel: Regular travel to sites outside of Amman. **
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to apply
Suitable and interested applicants are requested to send a CV and motivation letter before 5 PM on Tuesday, August 25th, 2020 to : [email protected] **
Applications with Job Titles in the subject field are only considered.