Human Resources Manager- NRC Jordan Office
Human Resources Manager
Jordan, Norwegian Refugee Council
Rights Respected, People Protected
NRC in Jordan
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) established its presence in Jordan in November 2012 in response to the conflict in Syria and the resulting refugee influx. NRC Jordan currently employs over 500 staff in Jordan and is one of the largest INGOs in the country. Since 2012, NRC has worked to build the resilience of Syrian refugees in Jordan, and invest in the Jordanian communities that host them. NRC supports Syrian refugees in Zaatari and Azraq refugee camps, as well as vulnerable refugees and Jordanians in north and central Jordan (Irbid, Jerash, Ajloun, Mafraq and Amman governorates). In Jordan, NRC provides services in five of NRC’s global core competencies: Shelter, Education, Youth, Livelihoods and Information Counselling and Legal Assistance. NRC strives to combine its programmatic activities with evidenced-based advocacy work focused on policy change and strong external communications and media engagement. The Country Office also works to ensure safe and integrated programming through ensuring protection is effectively mainstreamed across all core competencies
Duties and responsibilities
The HR Manager will lead, develop and strengthen all HR and Admin functions in order to provide efficient and effective Human Resources and Administration support to the NRC Country Programme, Jordan. With a special focus on effective Recruitment, Staff development and training.
Specific responsibilities related to this role include:
- Implementation of the Global Standards and initiatives at the Jordan Country Office
- Contribute to the Country Organization’s strategy and the Plan of Action by providing input and initiatives and follow up on completion and roll out
- National staff development and capacity building focusing on new HR Coordinators & HR Officers
- Support and guidance to the international staff
- Strengthen the recruitment processes ensuring adherence to the minimum standards
- Strengthen training and inductions / on-boarding.
- Improve the quality of Performance management conducted by line managers across the Jordan country office
- Maintain a healthy and empowering office environment that encourages open, honest and productive communication
- Minimum 5 years of experience from working as a senior HR Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience from working in complex contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Initiating action and change
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Strategic thinking
We can offer
- Contract period: 12 months (renewable)
- Duty Station: Amman
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions. Family duty station (accompanied).
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline.