The Office Manager role will cover administrative (including legal), financial (basic budgeting, coordination and follow up), HR, and operational tasks for the Jordan office. The Office Manager will be the main focal point for all WATAN queries in Jordan, will act as the information point, and the office lead in the absence of the GM and will coordinate all administrative activities for the Jordan office.
The role requires strong organizational and time management skills and has a high level of responsibility. A background in the humanitarian/development sector is preferred but not essential.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Design and implement office policies
- Establish standards and procedures
- Organize office operations and procedures
- Control correspondences
- Review and approve supply requisitions
- Liaise with other agencies, organizations, and groups
- Update organizational memberships
- Maintain office equipment
- Maintain office records and design filing systems
- Ensure filing systems are maintained and up to date
- Ensure the protection and security of files and records
- Ensure personnel files are up to date and secure
- Plan and implement office systems, layout, and equipment procurement
- Maintain and replenish inventory
- Maintain office efficiency
- Receive telephone calls and VIP office visitors and refer them to the appropriate source or reply personally to their queries when possible.
- Make travel arrangements and prepare travel documentation as required for staff and WATAN visitors.
- Assist the General Manager in the preparation of administrative reports and in drafting routine correspondence and in correcting texts or data.
- Maintain WATAN petty cash budget in coordination with the finance department and under supervision of WATAN financial department.
- Follow up and maintain WATAN archiving system also checking the accuracy of office bill calculations
- Set up, classify and maintain financial files related to WATAN in coordination with and under supervision of WATAN accountant
- Assist in preparation of Job descriptions for new staff positions
- Advertise positions in appropriate platforms, and create recruitment schedules
- Assisting in organizing internal staff training in coordination with GM
- Tracking monthly leave balances and timesheets as required
- Coordination between staff
- To manage and supervise the Jordan staff team as required
- Act as Officer in Charge in the absence of the General Manager as required.
- Help in the planning and delivery of Jordan operations and strategy
- Assist in communications and media tasks as and when required
- Any other duties as outlined by line manager when required
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to WATAN, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. WATAN is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
WATAN expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. WATAN employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside WATAN.
Applications are strongly encouraged from female candidate
How to apply
- If you are interested, please send your CV to [email protected] by putting in the subject “Office Manager”.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.