General Responsibilities and Principles
With the support and under the supervision of the Field Coordinator, the Project Manager will ensure quality and timely implementation of all project activities implemented in the North operational site of Tdh Jordan to achieve the project goals and objectives as specified in the project documents and agreements with donors and HQ. The PM is in charge of managing the relationships with stakeholders, representatives of partner organizations and state institutions in the context of collaborative engagement for project implementation.
The Project Manager will be directly responsible for the oversight of the project team and ensure the successful implementation of actions designed to support hard to reach, vulnerable children and communities in Jordan in line with project goals and objectives and organizational mission and vision.
He/she prepares and maintains documentation related to the job function in compliance with the financial and administrative procedures. Keep track of activity operational plans and report on progress achieved to the direct supervisors and donors.
The incumbent commits to observe discretion on any information related to the organization functioning.
The incumbent will conduct his or her duties in respect of the Charter of Terre des hommes (Tdh) and Tdh Safeguarding Policy.
The incumbent commits to ensure high level of children participation and will always work in the best interest of the child.
Tdh intervenes without any affiliation for politics, religion or financial profit. The incumbent will direct his or her activities and engagements without preoccupation of political, racial or religious affiliation.
Tdh expects that its staff and contractors’ professional conduct reflect proper behaviour in accordance with local culture and traditions. The incumbent assures the moral protection of the name of Tdh and defends in all circumstances the interests of the movement.
Specific ResponsibilitiesLine Management:** Reports to the Field Coordinator
Child Protection strategy
- Oversees the CP, educational referrals, community mobilization and PSS strategy elaboration and development and contributes actively in its monitoring, evaluation and revision.
- Participates in the review of the CP and educational strategy at the end of the intervention phase
- Develop as required advocacy strategy that could support Tdh activity development or CP issues response.
Project Management and Implementation
- Ensure all project activities are implemented on a timely and quality manner in accordance with Tdh programme standards and in full compliance with all donor requirements as specified in projects contracts.
- Develop and maintain project action plans in collaboration with the project team and reports on regular basis about the performance of the projects;
- Manage day to day field project operations to ensure smooth and efficient implementation of project activities, within current donor proposals and in line with projects’ budgets.
- Regularly assess the context and Child Protection issues, priorities and needs to adapt and develop the project’s strategy accordingly;
- Regularly monitor the timely implementation of all activities in the project areas based on the M&E system and participate in assessments, brainstorming, and proposal writing exercises;
- Regularly monitors and keeps track of project budget expenditure, prepares budget forecasting on a periodical basis and anytime as required by the supervisor and reports periodically to the Field Coordinator on the financial performance of the team;
- Directly supervise the project teams and responds on issues related to project planning, implementation and financial management based on the agreed targets and requirement as specified in project contracts and overall project plans;
- Provides on the job training and coaching to the projects teams under supervision to ensure maximum results;
- Ensure efficient coordination and communication with the line supervisor and the heads of technical and support departments across the organization, to ensure adequate and timely support is provided to the project teams for the effective project implementation;
- Support the team in completing the M&E related tasks and forms based on M&E system designed and overseen by Tdh M&E Officer;
- Regularly compiles project reports as per agreed reporting schedule and the format of reporting, based on M&E system and make sure the deadlines are respected always;
- Provide technical expertise in the field of child protection and psychosocial services for children and facilitate psychosocial activities for children and young people based on the Tdh methodology whenever it is required by the supervisor;
- Develop and supervises the implementation of CP activities and responses required addressing special protection and prevention needs of the most vulnerable children.
- Coordinate with the Child Safeguarding Policy Focal Point and key technical staff in Amman and in the field offices to support the regular participatory activities with different groups of children to identify issues affecting children in their communities, and assist the teams to develop appropriate responses.
- Ensure that CP cases are identified, handled and referred in an effective manner, consistent with the SOPs and guidelines, as well as education, health and livelihoods pathways are identified and used effectively;
- Ensure the dissemination of CP messages among the communities. .
- Advocate when necessary to ensure that other international and local service providers in the area act for the protection of the most vulnerable and at risk children;
- Contribute in developing training modules and learning tools for CP professionals in collaboration with team members and external experts
- Ensure that a proper assessment of Tdh project staff’s training and capacity building needs is done by the L&D officer and that a Capacity Development Plan is developed and implemented.
- Support the project team by providing on-the-job training and mentoring and provide guidance in order to delegate progressively project and team management.
- Support the Project team in providing on-the-job training and mentoring and provide guidance in order to delegate progressively project and team management, including for the local partners (organizations) as required by the project.
- Select, develop relations with, and train national partners in view to prepare and hand over progressively activities and project management, in collaboration with the Field Coordinator, field and coordination Admin team, the Country Representative and in close consultation with donors and partners.
- Participate in the capacity development support to the local partners’ representatives, and other relevant local authorities, as required by the project.
Coordination, meetings & representation
- Coordinate as required with all relevant stakeholders at field and national levels.
- Coordinate with other humanitarian partners as relevant for the effective and efficient implementation of the CP project.
- Coordinate with other Tdh’ departments (programme and support) as necessary.
- Attend the coordination meetings on regular basis and other relevant fora at local level and national level.
- Organise weekly and monthly coordination meetings with Activity Supervisors and technical staff for a proper monitoring, planning and capitalisation of the activities.
- Develop a network to facilitate the project acceptance and the stakeholder’s contribution.
- In line with Tdh policies, advocate with humanitarian agencies, and community stakeholders, to mainstream CP in all their intervention in the communities.
Communication and Visibility
- Write articles, media materials and bulletins that promote the project activities and events based on communication and visibility standards of Tdh Foundation and donors;
- Contribute in the development of publications and other promotional materials in the framework of the project;
- Draft reports and informative documents that feed Tdh website, social media networks of Tdh Jordan, donors and partners
- Participate in public events, workshops and training when delegated by the supervisor
- Make sure to respect strict confidentiality of information about activities, Tdh strategy, budget, staff, beneficiaries, etc.
- Comply with Tdh Security Regulations in Jordan.
- Ensure the implementation of the security procedures by all project staff.
- Inform and share any incident or information related to the security of staff and beneficiaries with the Field Coordinator.
- Commit to respect the Tdh Safeguarding Policy and principles of child protection;
- Commit to ensure the best implementation possible of the Safeguarding Policy in Jordan;
- Commit to inform Child Safeguarding Focal Point and to deal with any cases, allegations, or possibility of transgression, even potential, of the Safeguarding Policy.
- Undertake all other duties that may be determined by the Program Coordinator and/or Country Representative and that are compatible with the job.
Competencies: This position requires personal, social and leadership competencies (PSLC) and technical and methodological competencies (TMC)
- Ability to work independently, as well as to provide support and advice
- Ability to create a cooperative and collaborative environment
- Command of supporting and advising roles and competencies
- Analytical skills
- Discipline, precision, transparency and intellectual honesty
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (in constructive negotiations) in all areas (internal and external), active listening skills
- Flexibility, openness and adaptability
- Results-oriented focus and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to learn from negative experiences, capitalizing on errors and seizing opportunities
Other professional skills required:
- Strong knowledge in child rights and child protection issues as well as knowledge in the field of migration and juvenile justice is preferred;
- Knowledge of project cycle management concepts, processes and tools, and experience in leading participative processes;
- Experience in staff management and financial management skills;
- Good understanding of M&E systems and tools
- Very strong planning and organization skills.
This job description may be amended based on the changed context.
Any change to the proposed tasks will be discussed with the Field Coordinator. A high degree of flexibility on the part of all staff is expected.
For Interested Applicants, please send your updated resume and cover letter to [email protected] naming the email title (NAME OF APPLICANT / PM).
Deadline for submitting applications is Thursday / December 20th, 2018.
Note: Any email with unclear title will not be considered.