Project Manager – Women Refugee Micro-entrepreneurs project – Must be Jordanian nationals OR have right to work in Jordan
Mowgli Mentoring is a not-for-profit organisation driving inclusive economic and social change in the Middle East and Africa. Our unique, award-winning methodology provides a supportive framework which empowers entrepreneurs, women, youth and corporate employees to unlock their potential and seize new opportunities. We have delivered more than 100 mentoring programs and grown an alumni network of over 2,000 entrepreneurs and mentors in 17 emerging ecosystems across the Middle East, Africa and the UK.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager based in Amman to work across multiple locations such as cities in the Southern and Middle regions of Jordan; including East Amman, Azraq, Tafileh, Maan, Karak and Shobek but not limited to. The project’s objective is to support Syrian women refugees and Jordanian women micro entrepreneurs by providing them with access to 360 degree mentoring (personal and professional) which includes both face to face and online activities/support. This mentoring project is part of a wider project focused on providing an integrated aid response to the refugee crisis in the region.
The successful candidate will be based in Amman, will work remotely (home office) providing they have reliable internet access and should have their own transport to be able to visit the various project locations. The PM will be reimbursed for all travel, parking costs and mileage when using their own vehicle for assigned Mowgli project activities.
- Development of the project plan with clearly defined deliverables, timescales and owners
- Management of the project to plan, ensuring all deliverables are on track
- Planning and organisation of all mentoring program activities including but not limited to the sourcing, interviewing and recruitment of participants, logistical planning (flights, venue, catering, local transport, accommodation, etc), coordination of on-the-ground partners / support, arranging printing of program materials, etc.
- Management of the project to agreed budget, using approved budgetary templates and procedures
- Organising and leading on scoping visits to map local ecosystem and partnership opportunities
- Reporting on all financial and administrative aspects of the project, within contractual framework defined by the project and Mowgli’s financial processes
- Development and management of project risk logs and management of risks including putting in place and tracking mitigating actions
- Gathering and understanding participant needs to steer the program design
- Partnership development with project partners involved in the wider project, as well as local community based organisations
- Management and engagement of client, project coordinator and project’s partners
- Regular engagement with project beneficiaries throughout the mentoring program cycle; resolution of any challenges and capturing of “success story” opportunities for our marketing team
- Supporting the Mowgli comms team with regards to the production of effective communication to recruit, support and inspire participants
- Supporting in preparation of Project updates and Impact Reports – including management of data requests through Mowgli’s established monitoring, evaluation and learning framework, collection and collation of data, analysis of data, and development of project impact reports
- Translation of project related materials from English into Arabic where necessary
- Native Arabic speaker and excellent English language skills (speaking and written)
- Well-developed communication, interpersonal, interviewing and networking skills given the beneficiaries of the project
- Ability to manage outcome as well as process
- Sound organisational and planning skills
- Good analytical and report writing skills
- Ability to manage budgets and produce financial reports effectively
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong team working skills and able to work autonomously – as all other members of the project team and reporting manager are based outside of Jordan
- Ability to travel within Jordan
- Essential: a minimum of 4 years of project management experience, ideally in international development and with refugee populations
- Experience of working with local and national government and/or international development agencies
- Experience of client and beneficiaries relationship management
- Desirable: Experience of working with team spread out across different location and working remotely
- Desirable: Experience of working within the project’s geographical areas and therefore would bring knowledge of the established ecosystem and potential local partners
- Mentoring – either of mentoring others or having been mentored
- Desirable: Project Management certification or equivalent
- Desirable: Degree level or equivalent qualification
Given the project scope and target beneficiaries particularly female applicants are encouraged to apply for the role.
Those interested should send a curriculum vitae and covering letter explaining why they would would be right for the role and outlining their motivation, skills and experience to Mahassine Mir – [email protected]
Due to the urgency of this role, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, therefore, early application is advised.