COOPI is looking for a Project Manager/Country Representative in Amman, Jordan
The Project Manager/Country Representative will be responsible to ensure that project is implemented and in line with the Organization’s mission and donor objectives regarding the activities related with protection’s issues. The resource is also responsible for building the capacity of the staff involved in the protection’s activities to ensure sustainability of the programme. A professional proven experience in international protection would be an advantage.
The Project Manager/Country Representative is responsible for the project’s execution, in technical, economic/financial terms, and in terms of resources management on field, in compliance with COOPI and the donor’s procedures. The resource will have direct responsibilities at project coordination and implementing, ensuring to reach the expected results on time, on budget, on quality, in reference to the project funded by AICS.
In addition, the resource will be assigned with power of attorney ad interim, with tasks of institutional representation in Amman, in coordination with the Regional Coordinator and in harmony with the other project staff.
We encourage international staff already in the country to apply.
Activity planning and management
- Plan and monitors the activities’ progress, in compliance with the contract signed with the donor and with COOPI and the donor’s procedures, in cooperation with the project staff.
Administrative and financial management
- Plan all expenditures to make in collaboration with the Project Administrator/Administrative Coordinator. Regularly monitor all made expenditures;
- Supervise accounting and the project cash safe/bank account management and, where there was no dedicated staff, directly manage the accounting and the project cash safe/bank accounts, making use of the instruments made available by the organization (Merlino);
- Prepares the Purchases Plan in cooperation with the Project Administrator and in coordination with the Administrative Coordinator;
- Ensure the organization and donor’s procedures respect when purchasing goods and services.
- Ensure the preparation, in compliance with the deadlines and in coordination with the Regional Coordinator and with the Administrative Coordinator, of all financial and narrative reports – interim and final – expected by the project;
- Is responsible for the preparation of all formal communication and contract modifications requests (ex. budget modification) of the projects he manages.
- Select the local staff to be employed in projects, and manages any other project’s expatriate staff in coordination with the Regional Coordinator and in compliance with the country’s rules/laws and with the COOPI’s regulation in the country;
- Evaluate the local staff employed for projects and participate to the evaluation of his/her own project by making use of the organization’s tools, upon request by the direct supervisor;
- Coordinate and supervise the work done by all the project staff, in compliance with the organization’s security procedures;
- Is responsible for the initial and continuous training of the local staff.
- Is responsible of the correct management of all goods purchased for the project, both directly and purchased by other offices/field offices;
- Update the inventory for all goods purchased by the project in cooperation with the Administrative Coordinator.
- In relation to the project of competence, communicate with the donors’ officers, the local authorities which are competent in the aspects related to the project, the project’s partners and beneficiaries, in compliance with the organization’s guidelines.
New projects’ writing
- Upon request by the direct supervisor, and cooperating with the project staff, elaborate, write and prepare all necessary documents to present new projects, in accordance with the organization’s processes and procedures.
- Advanced degree in Protection or related field or equivalent work;
- Three years experience in the humanitarian field as project or programme manager or in a similar position;
- Demonstrated experience in protectionor related field in fragile states, including IDPs, refugees and returnees context;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Italian;
- Computer literacy, with high proficiency in the use of standard office software applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Strong analytical and practical problem-solving skills;
- Strong supervisory abilities, and demonstrated capacity of teamwork and of coordination with the relevant actors;
- Very good inter-personal and writing communication skills;
- Ability to organize work efficiently and deliver assignments in a timely manner often under time constraints.
- Knowledge of Arabic language.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application closing date, once a sufficient number of applications have been received.