Siren is a not for profit organization working on security sector reform and broader public sector reform. Siren bases its projects on root cause analysis and implements solutions in light of findings and recommendations. Those projects often involve public sector administration process mapping, analysis, optimization and automation as well as related training and documentation. www.sirenassociates.com
Siren is looking for an experienced Project Manager to implement a social cohesion project in Jordan, focused on creating linkages between local communities and state structures. The project will support local communities to identify and implement solutions to localized conflict and public safety issues. A key component of this project is relationship building with and between different stakeholders, as well as effective management of local initiatives in marginalised areas.
- Manage and quality assure the successful implementation of all project activities.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for donors, partner organizations, and local and national government authorities.
- Manage dedicated project team and specialist consultants, ensuring that team members and experts have the time, resources and information they need to carry out their tasks effectively
- Manage program budgets, including tracking of financial and material resources.
- Manage program expenditures, budget adjustments, and cost modification requests to donors.
- Identify solutions to challenges that delay or impede project implementation
- Working with the RAMEL team, oversee implementation of activities and progress towards performance indicators.
- Support the RAMEL Team to collect data to evidence progress and achievement of outputs and outcomes.
- Submit progress reports, in line with donor requirements.
- Minimum of 7 years previous experience working on project management related to social cohesion or civil society capacity building, preferably in Jordan or the wider MENA region.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as international development, political studies or public administration.
- Recognised project management qualification.
- Excellent written and spoken English, Arabic ability also preferred.
- Previous work managing EU grants.
- Experience working on vertical social cohesion, and working with state institutions.
- Experience working with refugee and marginalised host communities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and perform well under-pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to maintain good internal and external relationships.
How to apply
TO APPLY: Interested candidates are requested to send their CV (max 2 pages) and a cover letter (max 1 page) describing why they are qualified for the role to [email protected], or can submit an application via our online portal at http://sirenassociates.com/work/.