Project Manager – Community Resilience
ARK Group is a stabilisation, development and conflict transformation company that provides research-informed analysis and policy recommendations, as well as delivers evidence-based, cost-effective, impactful programming, in areas of conflict and instability globally on behalf of public and private sector clients.
Working with and through local communities, we seek to understand and then mitigate the negative effects of conflict and instability to enhance community safety and promote human security, development and economic opportunity with a focus on the following UN Sustainable Development Goals – Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions, Reduced Inequalities, Gender Equality and Partnerships for the Goals.
ARK Group is delivering a pilot interventions project. The project aims to support community cohesion and equip stakeholders with the ability to provide effective interventions for at-risk youth. ARK Group has previously delivered similar projects in the Middle East that have delivered demonstrable impact and contributed to building community and youth resilience.
ARK Group seeks an experienced and dynamic Project Manager to ensure the timely and effective completion of project deliverables, liaise with internal and external stakeholders and service providers, and ensure proper reporting to the Chief of Staff in line with donor and company regulations.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Oversee day-to-day project implementation.
- Develop work plans, Gantt charts, and use planning tools to keep track of all activities and ensures deliverables are met in a timely manner.
- Support in drafting and providing relevant documentation as required, including narrative and financial reports, progress reports, and promotional material.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure proper communication and project implementation.
- Conducting a regular monitoring and evaluation process against project objectives in coordination with DMEL department.
- Monitoring and reporting of operational aspects of all project activities to the Project Manager.
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief of Staff.
- Experience Required: A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible project management experience.
- Education: Graduate degree in a relevant field such as international development, political studies, public administration and communications and media studies.
- Please note Project Managers may be required to work on weekends, both in and outside of the office. ARK Group will cover accommodation as appropriate and any additional worked days will be compensated in-lieu.
- Previous work managing US grants and stabilization projects is highly desirable
- Demonstrable relevant experience working on stabilization programming and remote management.
- Previous work on projects in the Middle East
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to manage conflicts within the team and to provide solutions for problems to the Chief of Staff
- Provide alternative solutions when confronted with problems that may affect the goals or deadlines for the project(s).
- Ability to work under pressure, be a self-starter, team builder, innovative and demonstrate the capacity for maintaining high professional standards.
- Full professional fluency in English.
- Arabic language highly desirable.
- Experience living and working in Jordan desirable.
ARK Group places human dignity at the centre of its development and stabilisation work and is thus committed to the protection from sexual exploitation and abuse of children and adults. All ARK employees and related-personnel are expected to share this commitment, and only those who also uphold these values will be recruited as part of our team. This vacancy is therefore subject to a range of due diligence checks.
Please apply via our careers page – https://workable.com/j/3950027E21