مطلوب مدير (ة) مشروع للعمل في منظمة دولية
Position: Explosive Ordnance Risk Education (EORE) Project Manager
Duty station/Hub/ Field: Amman/North West Syria Hub
Posting date: 20/07/2022
Closing date: 31/07/2022
Humanity & Inclusion is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages women and persons with disability to apply.
PRESENTATION OF Humanity and Inclusion
Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an independent and impartial international aid organization working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights.
Humanity & Inclusion is a not-for-profit organization with no religious or political affiliation. It operates as a federation made up of a network of associations that provide it with human and financial resources, manage its projects and implement its actions and social mission.
For more details on the association: http://www.hi.org/
The Syrian crisis is the greatest humanitarian crisis of the last 20 years. According to the latest UN figures, about 13.5 million people are currently affected by the crisis in Syria, including about 6.5 million IDPs, while over 4 million Syrians have sought refuge in neighbouring countries or in Europe. The current humanitarian response only provides a patchy and partial coverage of the growing humanitarian needs. Five years after the beginning of the crisis, the number of injured persons in Syria keeps rising, with a severe lack of rehabilitative care and psychosocial support. In hard-to-reach areas and/or areas of new displacement, local populations and IDPs are in need of emergency assistance in terms of food, household essential items, and other basic needs. The inclusion of the most vulnerable, including persons with disabilities, in the humanitarian response remains a major concern.
HI is managing a remote humanitarian program from three hubs in Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey, along four main pillars:
- Support to health partners (hospitals, care houses, rehabilitation centers, local NGOs) for the provision of comprehensive rehabilitation services (physical rehabilitation, psychosocial support and/or prosthetics and orthotics) through training, technical supervisions and donations of rehabilitation material and/or equipment;
- Provision of basic needs kits – Food baskets, Household Essential Items and Hygiene kits – in one-shot distributions to people who experience a sudden degradation of their living conditions due to renewed conflict, displacement and/or exclusion from humanitarian assistance;
- Education to the risks and effects caused by conventional weapons (including mines, Explosive Remnants of War and Small Arms Light Weapons) and urgent marking of hazardous areas;
- Training and technical support to other humanitarian actors on the inclusion of persons with disabilities and other vulnerable persons in the humanitarian response.
The current intervention is based on a mix of remote management of national teams and remote partnerships with local structures and organisations. HI has implemented some direct management programs in the past and is looking for ways to launch more in the coming months.
OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
Reporting to the Hub Manager, the Project Manager contributes to the implementation of the mandate and the 10 year strategy of Humanity & Inclusion in the country where he/she is based. He/she ensures optimal quality and impact of the projects implemented in the country by means of a delegation system with appropriate control mechanisms. With all HI managers, and through paradigm changes, he/she shares responsibility for the sound management and effective functioning of the global organisation,
HIERARCHICAL & FUNCTIONAL LINKS:
- Line manager: Hub Manager
- Line manager+1: Country Director
- Functional manager: Hub Manager
- Team Managed: EORE Team
- Coordination with Project Managers, Support Managers and partners
- Line-manages the project’s team members
- Sets individual objectives, evaluates individual performance, contributes towards the professional & career development of his/her team members, monitors competences
- Organises and leads regular team meetings
- Manages the recruitment and selection of new team members
- Ensures strict application and respect of the programme’s Internal Regulations by the project team.
- Provides the technical expertise for his/her project
- Ensures that the activities implemented comply with international technical norms and standards
- Adapts the project documentation to international technical norms and standards, when necessary
- Runs technical training for his/her staff when relevant
- Is in charge of the technical quality and relevance of project activities implemented within his scope of expertise
- Ensures technical learning from projects by drawing on lessons learned and good practices
- Makes sure global and field technical specialists get the information they require and collaborates with Technical Divisions when necessary
- Adjusts his/her activities to audit recommendations, if applicable
- Helps to coordinate technical professional development and facilitate a community of practice, in collaboration with Technical Division
- Manages relationships with technical authorities, local partners or other stakeholders
3. Implementation and Monitoring
- Ensures project implementation, in collaboration with the relevant services and in line with general standards and procedures
- Ensures the planning of activities and establishes action plans
- Ensures that activities are implemented in line with the project proposal and the allocated budget
- Ensures that activities are implemented according to internal quality and technical standards and, if necessary, proposes adjustment or improvements to help meet objectives
- Prepares and monitors partnership agreements with implementing partners and other potential partners
- Ensures the effective implementation and follow up of institutional policies (PSEA, mandatory cross-cutting approaches, etc.) on his/her project
- Coordinates and collaborates with relevant internal services, especially logistics, RH, finance and technical resources
- Ensures project data management
- Ensures that the appropriate data collection and management tools are in place on the project, in line with global standards
- Ensures that data related to the project is collected and compiled in the project database
- Carries out regular verifications and makes any necessary corrections in the activity database
- Ensures project reporting
- Monitors the achievement of results and indicators, as per the logical framework
- Is in charge of producing the appropriate reporting tools: monthly situation report, PM Box
- Reports regularly to the line manager
- Writes reports for the funding agencies when relevant and monitors donor deadlines (grants, reporting, audits) concerning the project
- Guarantees the proper archiving of information
- Prepares and steers project evaluation and capitalisation
- Plans and monitors project evaluations
- Produces project capitalisation and learning from experience material
4. Influence & Communication
- Contributes to HI’s external influence by participating in relevant networks
- Communicates on the project to partners, authorities and stakeholders when relevant
5. Strategy & business development
- Contributes to programme or country operational strategy (StratOp)
- Drafts new project proposals for the continuity or expansion of the project
- Contributes to the drafting of new proposals for new opportunities
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field
- 5 years of professional experience in project management
- A previous experience in mine action in a humanitarian sector is a plus
- Working experience in an International organisation
- Working as part of a team/network, cooperating
- Respect for the opinion and enhancement of the skills of others with a view to shared action
- Giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Empathy; showing interest in what each person is experiencing and feeling, putting oneself in the other person’s shoes, listening to his/her needs, being accepting rather than judgemental
- Resilience to stress and uncertainty
- Pragmatism, capacity to adapt with agility
- Fluency in English language (oral and written)
- Remuneration: according to HI salary Scale
- Expected Starting date: 1st of September, 2022
- Duration/ Type of contract: 1 year (renewable)
- Benefits: Transportation and Health Insurance
- Mobility: Amman with possible travels in the region
RETURNING NATIONAL CANDIDATES: We strongly encourage candidates with disability to apply for this position. Humanity and Inclusion strives to attract, motivate and retain staff in our programs.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a CV and cover letter to [email protected] Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will be disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Incase of disability, please mention any adjustments that will assist you in attending the written test/ interview or undertaking this post.
The applications will be treated confidentially.