مطلوب مدير (ة) مشروع للعمل في منظمة دولية
Project Manager, Rooted in Trust Yemen
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The Rooted in Trust project works to combat COVID-19 rumors and misinformation in Lebanon, Colombia, Brazil, Mali, Sudan, South Sudan, Zimbabwe, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Madagascar, Yemen, and Haiti. We work to create impact at the local level and inform approaches to rumor management at the global level. The project is supported by a Global Technical Advisory team made up of media, humanitarian,data science and information management experts.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Project Manager – Yemen will supervise the deliverables of 3 local organizations and lead a team of Data Analyst, Information Management Officer, Media Mentor, and researchers to implement rumor management activities at the country level. Providing strategic oversight of the country team, the Project Manager will support staff to ensure activities are delivered on time and according to budget requirements, liaise and promote the project with senior stakeholders, and actively look for opportunities to expand and improve activities. This position will be closely supported by the Global Technical Advisory team and will liaise closely with Project Manager for other project countries to share resources and experience.
Are you seeking a leadership position with extensive technical support? A chance to lead a fun and creative team? A full-time, work from home position? If so, this may be the position for you!
This is a remote-based position. Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrable knowledge of the Yemen context. Candidates based and with work authorization in Jordan, Tunisia and Iraq are encourage to apply. You must have work authorization in your current location that does not require sponsorship from Internews. Additionally, there are locations in which Internews is not able to support fully remote work.
Wherever possible, we work to try to find solutions for international hiring that work for both the company and the candidate. This means that some of the particulars around the offer for a role will be dependent on several factors, and that the benefits and salary structure that apply to a position will be based upon the candidate’s location and where the role is hired.
Note: Hiring is contingent upon receipt of funding.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply soon. This is a term position, with an anticipated end date in January 2023.
OUR COMMITMENT TO FOSTERING A CULTURE OF BELONGING
We are an organization of dynamic, mission-driven individuals who are passionate about our core values and about supporting positive change in the world. We pride ourselves on our commitment to innovation and flexibility. We believe that diverse teams are strong teams, and work to support an ethic of belonging, dignity, and justice for all people. Our current team includes a mix of genders, parents and non-parents, and people of multiple races, nationalities, ages, sexual orientations, and socioeconomic backgrounds. We are an EEO employer and encourage candidates of all races, genders, ages, orientations, ethnicities, and national origins to apply, and welcome those with alternative backgrounds and experiences.
DAY-TO-DAY TASKS will include:
- Provide overall strategic leadership to the country team, including hiring and onboarding team members and ensuring they receive ongoing training, mentoring, and support;
- Work closely with the Project Director and Regional Manager to formulate and implement project strategy. Be prepared to pivot operations to respond to emergencies at short notice;
- Actively manage the budget for field operations including the provision of regular budget projections for field costs;
- Provide regular reporting to Internews, funders, and other stakeholders as required;
- Maintain continuous contact with subgrantees and manage partners closely to ensure deliverables and reporting are timely and high quality;
- Lead on all fundraising efforts on the ground, including liaising directly with donors, in coordination with Internews Headquarters;
- Ensure that field operations comply with all financial, bureaucratic requirements, donor regulations that pertain to staff or short-term consultants;
- Other duties as assigned; and
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
QUALIFICATIONS WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic is a must
- Must know and understand the Yemeni humanitarian and media context thoroughly
- At least 5 years’ experience managing diverse teams and a talent for creating a welcoming and productive work environment
- Strong interpersonal communication, organizational, teamwork, facilitation, and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills, and the ability to liaise authoritatively with figures from the humanitarian community, local media, local government, and other relevant actors when required
- Demonstrated experience in partner and relationship management
- Experience managing budgets, including producing forecasts and reports
- Extensive experience working in relief operations in challenging environments, preferably with a deep understanding of local media and/or community engagement activities
- Excellent knowledge of the mandates and modalities of the international humanitarian sector, including the UN cluster system. Experience working in health emergencies a plus
- Interest in, and familiarity with, new media and new digital applications for citizen journalism and information access
- Must be self-reliant, resourceful, a good problem-solver, and flexible
- Strong writing skills and proven ability to produce high quality work under tight deadlines
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network’s offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our Benefits page.
Internews Network is an EEO/AAP/OFCCP employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. Internews does not discriminate based on race, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
How to apply
Please submit your application through our Careers page.