The Procurement Manager will be responsible for the management of Regional Procurement Unit, strategic sourcing and the procurement transformation for MEEE. The incumbent will also be responsible for supporting the development and execution of global and regional sourcing strategies and ensuring efficiency and effectiveness of the Regional Procurement Unit in processing international procurement transactions for country offices in the MEEE region. The role will also include taking a lead role in advising country offices to achieve improved quality assurance of their procurement processes. The transformation agenda will involve leading and supporting MEEE countries to improve supply planning, to support the roll out of a best-in-class Source-to-Pay technology solution and to deliver tangible benefits from the sourcing activities..
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* A Degree in related area, Master level degree will be an advantage. MCIPS certification desirable
* At least five years in a managerial position in procurement. Having experience in the INGO sector and in handling Cash Transfer Procurement, pharmaceutical procurement and construction contracting will be an advantage.
* 3 years international experience is must, preferably having extensive knowledge of the MEE market. Having previous regional procurement management level is a strong advantage.
* Experience in running complex and high volume procurement processes and in high volume contracts negotiation (>USD 1 million)
* Can demonstrate financial benefits delivered from procurement output
* Experience designing, implementing or using a Source-to-Pay technology solution
* Experience in change management, stakeholder engagement, holding people to account (even if not direct reports)
* Proven ability to review supply demands and trends; to develop strategies to fill identified gaps
* Experience working with large institutional donors and knowledge of their rules and regulations
* Ability to synthesize and analyse information, and make clear, informed decisions
* Ability to build relationships quickly with a wide range of people, both internally and externally
* Strong planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
* Experience in developing the capacity of procurement staff through the use / delivery of training, performance management frameworks and development plans.
* Experience in development and implementation of efficient procurement systems, policies and procedures.
* Excellent written and spoken communication and interpersonal skills
* Fluent in English
* Cross-cultural experience, understanding and sensitivity
* Commitment to Save the Children values
* Knowledge of Middle East and Eurasia region context is an advantage
* Excellent ability with MS-Office applications particularly Excel
* Willingness and ability to travel within the region to support country offices.
* Resilient to stress
* Sense of diplomacy and negotiation skills
* Experienced in managing people is a must
* Able to prioritize and work with limited supervision , self-motivated, resilient to stress
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. This role is offered on the basis of National terms and conditions only.
Applications will be reviewed by the hiring department on ongoing basis
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.