Accounting Finance Manager
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, IRC offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in more than 40 countries and in 22 U.S. cities, IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted by conflict or disaster. IRC leads the way from harm to home.
BACKGROUND: Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a leading international organization working in relief, rehabilitation, protection, post-conflict development, resettlement services and advocacy for those affected by the world’s worst humanitarian crises. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
Working in coordination with the humanitarian community and the Government of Jordan, the IRC’s assistance programs for Syrian refugees in Jordan include both camp-based and urban-based refugee assistance. IRC is currently addressing the needs of war-affected Syrians from several operational bases in the region. The IRC’s activities in the region focus primarily on the supply of vital medications and medical supplies, non-food items, water and sanitation and child protection and form part of an over-arching humanitarian response in Jordan, Lebanon, Turkey, Iraq to assist refugees, IDPs and conflict-affected Syrians survive conflict and displacement.
The Accounting Finance Manager – Assists the Country Office Finance Controller managing the day-to-day operations of the Accounting finance function, including SUN system processing, monthly closing process, Finance verification and review, internal controls, inter-company reports, staff management and training.
1) Responsible for the supervision of all payments flow, finance review and verify on all documents and vouchers, sub grants payments/liquidations submitted to finance, quality and accurate data entry, preparation of all amortizations/closing JVs and are fully reviewed/accurately recorded in accordance to the monthly allocation T&E% and SPC% to ensure that:
· The IRC policies and donor regulations are adhered to.
· Expenses are allowable, allocable and reasonable as per specific donor regulations.
· The charging codes for payments/vouchers submitted and recorded are accurately checked and recorded.
· Test the correctness of payments (this includes test of the mathematical accuracy of invoices, receipts and supporting documents to payments), in complying with IRC required supporting documents reference to the finance manual, complying with SC approved SOP’s and any other in country policies.
· Reviewing timeline should not exceed the 3W/D maximum, tracking sheet for the documents flow should be maintained, formal communication should be maintained to track the progress of the payments flow (through emails and maintaining proper notes and clear status on the tracking sheet saved on shared folder), also initial quick review on the payments submitted to finance should be done instantly to reduce avoid/minimize the slack time for any obvious finding (missing supporting documents, coding).
· The documents submitted to finance from different requesters are supported with the relevant/required documents as required per the in country policies/finance manual.
· Due diligence is a key factor in verifying the legitimacy of expenditures while staff should have sharp eye when verifying.
· Processing monthly salary advances and allowances to international staff on timely manner.
· Adhering to the authority matrix for finance department and non-finance.
· Review and processing of payroll on monthly basis, that includes the preparation of the salary reconciliation, and making sure all supporting documents are available and attached to the payroll.
· Preparing monthly closing JV’s with very high accuracy complying with monthly SPC% and T&E%, checking on correctness of T2’s and staff T7, clear description, accounts are correct and JV is reconciled with B.S and T.B.
· Maintaining the tracking sheet on expats prepaid rent and utilities with monthly reconciliation with Admin department.
· Data-entry is always up-to-date on daily basis reviewed and ready for posting Bi-Weekly, quality review is mandatory, checking the hard vouchers against the soft documents to match correctly the charging codes (T1, T2, T3 and T7), also description is very clear and presentable.
· Prepare and review the inter-country transactions worksheet and ensure sending the communication with the original country for charging confirmations to HQ and other country offices on timely manner, meeting the monthly deadline, all inter-country transactions are expected to be clear on monthly basis with in the same period.
· Supporting regional office (Payment processing and review, posting regional JV’s/transactions) and follow up with RFM on related work to smooth the work flow and avoid any delays.
2) SUN System / General Ledger Processing:
· Supervise and maintain entries of SUN accounting System changes including chart of accounts, coding, exchange rates, transactions, etc.
· Ensure that all field office accounting transactions been reviewed before uploading it to SUN system and ensure that SUN System uploads proceed on time or the timely submission of the country office SAF file to the IRC HQ.
· Supervising and Managing Country Financial monthly closing procedure.
· Generate accounting and financial report from SUN System Application.
· Ensuring the SUN system backup and retention procedure is in place and followed for all SUN master files.
· Production of required monthly and adhoc reports, including the country program monthly financial management reports.
· Supervising the preparation of the SPC macro allocation adjustment journal entry according to SPC calculation percentages approved by the FC.
· Timely review and analyze the monthly spreadsheets of the financial data information review submitted by main and field offices prior to uploading in the SUN System, prepare CO/HQ TB and FLDRV comparison
Assist with the internal and external audit as required.
Report to the Assistant Finance Controller and Finance Controller any irregularities that occur within the IRC
office, staff compound and camps on policy and procedures
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Deputy Finance Controller Position directly supervises: Senior Finance Officer Indirect Reporting: Finance Controller
· Education: Bachelor degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce or Finance with a recognized professional certificate in accounting (CPA or equivalent certification would be preferred).
· Work Experience: Minimum of five years of accounting experience. And minimum 2 years managerial experience with an International NGO.
· Preferably Knowledge of SunSystems or Accounting package software
· Donor’s rules and regulations particularly OFDA, BRM, UN agencies, EC, ECHO, SIDA and DFID
· *D**emonstrated Skills and Competencies: Must be able to function comfortably in a loosely structured but complex work environment, working and prioritizing multiple tasks.*
Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) in English with program staff, management and employees.
Comfortable making decisions.
Good supervisory, time management and interpersonal skills
Language Skills: English
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons
Only Applicants who apply through the link will be considered: