Finance and Administration Manager – Jordan
Habitat for Humanity is a non-profit housing organization working to empower people in the world’s poorest communities to overcome the chronic lack of decent housing. Our vision is a world where everyone has a decent place to live. We are therefore constantly looking for new solutions that would make adequate housing accessible and affordable for all.
In Jordan, Habitat for Humanity Jordan works to help low-income families improve their living condition by supporting them to build and repair their homes.
We invite you to visit our website www.habitatjordan.org/ to learn more about us and how we work.
This is a local hire position based in Amman Jordan. The role of the Finance & Administration Manager (FAM) is it to provide leadership and guidance to the Financial Management and Accounting unit of the organization, ensuring that all financial resources that come into the organization are recorded, tracked, and accounted for and used in fulfillment of the core mission of the organization. The FAM is also the custodian of financial management policies and procedures that ensure effective and efficient use of organizational assets.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS AND SCOPE OF THE ROLE
1. Financial and Management Accounting:
o Manage daily operations and monitor the organization’s financial transactions to ensure that these are recorded in line with fund accounting policies, on an accurate and timely basis and financial reports are provided to all stakeholders by the set deadlines
o Maintain the accounting system to ensure accurate revaluation, reporting and compliance
o Conduct the month-end and quarterly-end closure process, including all relevant reconciliations
o Ensure statement of best practice in accounting systems and processes
o Ensure that all financial operations are carried out in accordance with HFHI policies and required local standards
o Prepare the quarterly financial reports in line with HFHI Financial Indicators policy and submit to the area office in line with the submission deadlines.
o Ensure that the organization is well resourced by monitoring cash flow forecast and submitting timely International Transfer requests to the area office as needed and appropriate.
2. Financial planning, reporting and analysis:
o Coordinate and work with the management team to develop and finalize the annual plan and budget
o Ensure that all required information is submitted to the area office within deadlines and that questions, feedback, etc. are responded to in a timely manner
o When finalized ensure that the annual plan and budget is accurately incorporated into the annual MOU between national organization and the area office
o Coordinate the board of director approval process of both the annual plan/budget as well as the MOU
o Ensure that the Annual Budget is posted into the Accounting System
o On monthly basis, produce relevant, accurate and timely reports for budget holders, department heads and project owners.
o Produce relevant, accurate and timely reports for the board of directors.
o Analyze financial data on a monthly basis; track key indicators and timelines. Provide written or verbal analysis to stakeholders such as management staff, the board, the area office and HFHI, as required.
o Ensure all required statutory reports are filed with respective authorities (corporate income tax, charity commission, annual report, etc.)
3. Grants compliance and Donor Reporting
o Prepare budgets for all concept papers and fundraising proposals in cooperation with the Resource Development (fundraising) and Program departments.
o Analyze, verify and review proposal budgets to ensure donor compliance and reasonableness.
o Coordinate proposal review process and ensure compliance with solicitations and donor regulations
o Maintain up-to-date knowledge of donor rules and regulations and ensure compliance
o Track expenditure of all grants and projects and prepare timely financial reports for internal and external stakeholders.
o Ensure that all grant documentation is maintained according to donor standards and donor regulations
o Review all payment requests to ensure that they meet the standards of allowable, allocable and reasonable; manage grantee budgets so that they do not exceed allowable amounts.
o Conduct Financial Due-Diligence for potential Sub-Grantees/ Partners.
o Ensure proper capacity building to selected sub-grantees supporting them in creating and implementing proper financial management systems.
4. Internal controls environment:
o Promote a shared culture and ownership of maintaining strong internal controls throughout the organization.
o Directly manage the development, documentation, implementation, and monitoring of internal control processes that are in line with existing HFHI and organizational finance policies and minimize loss of organization’s assets.
o Implement financial and administrative policies and systems to ensure organizational efficiency and effectiveness
o Maintain and regularly update the asset register. Ensure that the assets of the organization are maintained safely and securely
o Ensure that the organization at all times remains compliant to all relevant laws and regulations by constantly monitoring the legal and regulatory environment and ensuring adherence to the same.
5. Payroll administration
o Review the accuracy and completeness of payroll data
o Ensure that statutory deductions are remitted to government in a timely and consistent manner, including proper reconciliation of payroll related ledger accounts
o Ensure all required payroll reports (personal income tax, benefits and insurance) are filed with respective authorities.
6. Organizational Risk and Governance
o Manage the operating environment to minimize risk for the potential loss of organizational resources
o Advise the board of directors and management on corrective measures needed and success of previous actions taken.
o Support all internal and external audits ensuring the timely implementation of all audit recommendations.
o Ensure that the organization at all times remains compliant to all relevant laws and regulations by constantly monitoring the legal and regulatory environment and ensuring adherence to the same, among them taxes and levies.
o Own managerial oversight over the procurement process in ensuring that all procurements for the organization meet the standard of prudence, cost, accountability and fairness.
o Advise management on procurement processes of required assets through a transparent and accepted procurement system
o Ensure adherence to organizational procurement policy
o Ensure there is proper documentation maintained during procurement processes
8. Organization-wide strategic leadership and insights
o Manage finance administration staff and their performance
o Facilitate and promote interdepartmental collaboration as it relates to finance matters
o Assist the National Director and management team on corporate governance, strategy and regulatory compliance issues
o Assist the National Director and management team on the strategic direction of the organization
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Professional competency and/ or knowledge in accounting and financial management
· Ability to use accounting systems and information technology to meet work requirements.
· Strong analytical skills. Detail oriented and ability to work and interpret numbers, financial figures and other financial information.
· Strong Communication skills – both oral and written with fluency in both Arabic and English.
· Ability to make professional financial presentations to a diverse range of audiences and stakeholder, both internal and external
· Ability to work with other cultures. Patience and perseverance in understanding and explaining issues with field staff.
· Ability to address issues and effect change through persuasion and diplomacy.
· Ability to determine work priorities and adhere to deadlines.
· Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Flexibility and independence to work in a changing and unstructured environment. Ability to work interdependently within a team.
· Creativity and innovativeness.
REQUIRED ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
· Minimum: A graduate degree in financial accounting or finance-related field
· Preferred: Professional certification and active membership for example CA, CPA, ACCA, CMA
· At least 10 years’ experience in accounting or financial management, in business or out of which at least 5 years should be at a senior management level such as Finance Manager/Director in a non-profit Organization and with responsibilities for managing the Finance function of the organization.
· External audit supervision experience
· Preferred: experience managing large institutional grants from development partners like USAID, DFID, EU, KOICA etc. and/or performing grant audits like A133 audits
· Excellent knowledge of finance related legislation and standards such as the VAT Act, Income Tax Act, IFRS, GAAP etc.
· Experience in using Infor SunSystems Financials or similar financial management applications.
· Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Excel and Word.
· Take seriously your ethical responsibilities to safeguarding our intended beneficiaries, their communities, and all those with whom we work.
Submit your CV along with a letter of motivation to [email protected]. Kindly quote the title of the vacancy in the subject of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date for Applications is 10 January 2020
HFHI is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.