Finance Manager – Jordan
The Country Finance Manager oversees all financial aspects of the Search Jordan portfolio in coordination with the Country Director and is a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT). This position will be responsible for managing the finances of the Jordan country program, including financial forecasting, budgeting, reporting and ensuring compliance of all Jordan grants/contracts from inception to closure. In addition, the Country Finance Manager will ensure that both program and operations staff improve their understanding of different finance mechanisms and build their capacity to adhere to donor regulations related to reporting, invoicing, and procurement. The Country Finance Manager will report to the Country Director.
Search currently has programs in ten countries in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). Our Jordan program is a growing portfolio. Our activities contribute to durable peace and the use of conflict transformation approaches throughout society using media and by empowering civil society while engaging with youth, women, religious and community leaders for sustainable peace. Search uses a range of tools to implement conflict transformation and peacebuilding programs, including radio, television, training, cultural heritage, public forums, community dialogues, and arts and culture events, among others.
Roles and responsibilities include:
Grants Management and Compliance
- Ensure timely donor and subaward agreement/contract development and review, both with donors and partners, ensuring adherence to both internal SFCG and donor requirements.
- Oversee and monitor closely the program grants implementation to secure a compliant implementation during all grant’s steps.
- Ensure that all financial reports are prepared according to donor requirements and templates and submitted on time.
Internal Control Assessment
- Ensure financial records are maintained as per donor and SFCG internal requirements.
- Ensure timely closure of finance audit recommendations, participate in preparation, implementation and monitoring of corrective action plans.
- Ensure due diligence is conducted for all new and existing sub awardees and that financial management capacity building plans are incorporated in partner budgets.
- Develop related action plan with program and finance staff to address any capacity/system gaps.
- Work with Regional Controller to ensure that there is proper segregation of duties in all financial functions.
- Develop and revise financial management policy as appropriate.
Financial Management and Analysis
- Prepare donor financial reports.
- Consolidate and update a quarterly operational budget.
- Track invoice payments.
- Oversee submission of Monthly Field Financial Reports to SFCG-HQ.
- Review budgets with actuals reports to ensure adherence to restrictions on line item flexibility and stated restrictions on accepted costs. Support follow up actions to resolve any identified problem.
- Ensure that SFCG and partners keep supporting documents for all financial transactions and ledgers for Fixed Assets, Purchase Requisitions, Cash Receipts and Disbursements.
- Leads budgeting processes for the country program for proposals.
- Supports country program staff with budget forecasting.
- Ensure proper financial procedures and systems are operated and maintained as per donor and Search internal requirements.
- Build capacity of SFCG and partner staff in financial management through training and coaching.
- Actively participate in program meetings as appropriate to effectively plan and collectively coordinate financial and programmatic activities in conjunction with partner capacity building initiatives.
You meet the following qualifications:
- Advanced degree in accounting, business, economics, finance, or a related field.
- 4-6 years of experience in a finance role.
- Experience in supporting financial operations in NGOs with international donors
- Well-developed written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
- Well-developed organizational and file management skills.
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office and Excel).
- Ability to work through stringent deadlines with acute attention to detail.
- High standards of integrity, professionalism, and impartiality.
- Motivated, multi-tasker and self-starter.
- Able to work independently and effectively in a team environment.
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed.
This position will close on December 15th, 2018.
To apply, interested candidates should send the following items to our employment portal here:
- current resume
- cover letter
Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please see our websitewww.sfcg.org for full details of our work.
All Search Employees must adhere to the values: Shared Humanity – Empathy – Impartiality – Inclusivity – Courage – Hope – Humility – Audacity. In accordance with these values, Search enforces compliance with the Code of Conduct and related policies on Anti Workplace Harassment, Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Conflict of Interest and Anti-fraud.