The Maram Foundation for Relief and Development (Maram) is a non-profit organization, founded by American-Syrian activists with the aim of alleviating the suffering of people in need since its inception to date the foundation had delivered lifesaving aidand developmental projects to hundreds of thousands of Syrian IDPs and refugees along with host committees. For more information please visit our website **http://maramfoundation.org/
Vacancy Ref. no: MF-HR/18-113
*Function and Organizational Relationships
The Financial Manager performs duties related to all accounting functions including receiving and matching invoices, account coding, preparation of disbursements, accounts payable related record keeping, and budget formation support to program officers. The Finance Manager coordinates activities with sub-offices, bookkeepers, warehouse officers and projects managers. The Finance Manager reports directly to the Country Director in the Amman office.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Setting up a financial system that in line with donors’ requirements.
- Responsible for the financial reporting for the partners and donors.
- Receives and processes vendor invoices and internal check requests; maintains open files for purchase orders, packing/receiving slips, and matches to invoices. Verifies invoices for quantity, unit pricing, extensions and applicable discounts. Obtains approval from appropriate personnel for payment for miscellaneous invoices;
- Codes invoices with accounting account numbers according to distribution in the general ledger; determine dates for invoices to be paid; keypunches invoices into the computerized accounts payable system. Maintains alphabetical open invoice file for unpaid invoices;
- On a weekly basis, reviews invoices scheduled for payment and special check/payments requests with the SA, prints approved vouchers and prepares and routes for signature according to the signing authority;
- Attaches the duplicate copy of payments order/ checks to original invoices, stamps invoices “Paid” and files in permanent records;
- Prints verify, and maintains accounts payable voucher reports, open/aging reports, disbursement reports, and journals;
- Receives and answers phone calls from vendors or other departments in regard to payment status of invoices;
- Performs other accounting duties as requested by the CD;
- Coordinating and supporting the program team with regard to budget formation when making proposal applications.
§ At least 5 years of relevant experience in accounting;
§ Bachelor’s degree is required in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or any related field;
§ Familiarity with accounting and spreadsheet applications is required;
§ Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word is also required;
§ Knowledge of donor organization requirements, such as OFTA, USAID, UN Agencies, etc.;
§ Familiarity with the Syrian conflict, Syrian NGOs, and stakeholders; personal awareness and engagement;
§ Understanding of multi and bilateral donor policies and procedures;
§ Knowledge NGO budget proposal structures is a strong asset;
§ Language skills: Arabic and English are required, Turkish is an asset;
§ Must be a Jordanian national.
Maram Foundation is committed to equal opportunities employment; therefore, we encourage applications from marginalized populations. All applicants and employees at Maram Foundation will enjoy equality of opportunities and fair treatment without regard to:
- Race, color, ethnicity, age, sex, religion, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, or marital status. **
The Interested candidate is kindly requested to send CV via-email to firstname.lastname@example.org before 10-July-2018 and include the Vacancy Reference number in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.