Monitoring, Evaluations and Learning Manager – Jordan
Monitoring, Evaluations and Learning Manager – Jordan
Norwegian Refugee Council
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Country Office Background
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) established its presence in Jordan in November 2012 in response to the conflict in Syria and the resulting refugee influx. NRC Jordan currently employs over 500 staff in Jordan and is one of the largest INGOs in the country. Since 2012, NRC has worked to build the resilience of Syrian refugees in Jordan, and invest in the Jordanian communities that host them. NRC supports Syrian refugees in Zaatari and Azraq refugee camps, as well as vulnerable refugees and Jordanians in north and central Jordan (Irbid, Jerash, Ajloun, Mafraq and Amman governorates). In Jordan, NRC provides services in five of NRC’s global core competencies: Shelter, Education, Youth, Livelihoods and Information Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA). NRC strives to combine its programmatic activities with evidenced-based advocacy work focused on policy change and strong external communications and media engagement. The Country Office also works to ensure safe and integrated programming through ensuring protection is effectively mainstreamed across all core competencies.
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are seeking a motivated humanitarian professional to join our Jordan Country Office’s operations.
They are a university graduate with a minimum of 5 years previous experience working in a humanitarian context. Experience working in complex and volatile contexts, in particular in the Middle East are desirable.
We are particularly looking for an individual with an individual with thorough experience with and knowledge of principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation in relief and development programs, using both quantitative and qualitative methods. They also have demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring and other formal and non-formal methods.
NRC Jordan is looking for a senior monitoring, evaluation, accountability, learning and research (MEAL-R) manager to provide leadership, technical contribution, and research management for its growing learning portfolio. The M&E Manager will provide technical support andbuild capacity in the country office by identifying and supporting the implementation of effective, cost efficient, and meaningful M&E, learning, and accountability systems.
In addition, the manager would lead NRC Jordan’s efforts to expand the CO’s research and learning portfolio. She/he would maintain current partnerships with academic and research institutions and build new collaborations with key partners to facilitate rigorous study and analysis of our intervention, and enhance advocacy efforts of the country office.
Specific responsibilities related to this position include:
Manage monitoring & Evaluation and Accountability systems
- Design, lead, and manage process to establish Country Office (CO) and program level M+E systems, including designof the CO M+E SOPs and support on designingM+E staffing structure and M+E resourcing
- Manage a large team of M&E And accountability staff to provide high quality technical support to all running programmes
- Work with programme teams to ensure technical soundness of program hypothesis, M&E plans, indicator reference sheets and conduct data quality verifications and assessments;
- Develop and/or participate in development of guidance and frameworks for CO procedures, policies and processes that assist in institutionalizing and supporting M+E in the country mission
- Participate in program design and proposal discussions, including support on theory of change development, log frame design, and budgeting for M&E
- Participate in Country Strategy to ensure M&E remains a high priority in the country program
- Support project and area managers in developing data collection methodology and tools, and systems for on-going data analysis
- Ensure the central complaint response and feedback mechanism (CRFM) is functioning in all office locations, and that the learning is systematically feeding into program development
- Act as a technical liaison and manage technical interface with peer organizations, donors, implementing partners, and other stakeholders.
- Other activities agreed and discussed with the Head of Program Unit.
Research, Evaluations & Assessments
- Develop and maintain strategic learning partnership with key relevant academic and research institutions to enhance internal learning and advocacy efforts of NRC Jordan
- Co/Lead and/or provide technical contributions to research and evaluation studies (such as baselines, process, performance, outcome and impact evaluations or meta-analysis across different programming) as needed
- Lead a small data collections sub-unit, in charge of quality collection, analysis, interpretation, and visualization of data to deliver specific research projects as well as regular context and targeting analysis for ongoing programs
- Create reports and presentations to communicate findings to a variety of external stakeholder
Knowledge Management & Learning
- Design learning agendas, learning frameworks and systems for all running NRC programs by identifying all data and knowledge needs for management insights, including designing methods and protocols for collecting and analysing that information beyond reporting requirements
- Oversee the collection and ensure quality of cross-CC data collected through NRC Jordan integrated assessment, and ensure its widespread dissemination and use
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
Duty Station: Amman, Jordan
For more jobs follow us on Twitter @nrc_jobs