About the role
Crown Agents is seeking an Operations Manager in Jordan to support a Humanitarian project.
Background and Objective for Project
GPSY is a UK funded programme that will contribute to supporting both the conditions needed for peace as well as laying the foundations for a more stable Yemen through a flexible response mechanism closely aligned to community level needs to allow entry for sectoral service delivery support.
The GPSY is designed to be an ambitious and innovative governance, peace and stability focused programme which builds on the UK’s stabilisation experience and aims to support in three primary ways:
- By providing a flexible, adaptive and responsive platform to rapidly design and deliver projects that reflect Yemen’s political and security context.
- Act as a catalyst to drive donor coordination and co-operation linking to humanitarian-development-peace-nexus.
- Act as a repository library for all donors combined programme learning, research and analysis.
Scope of Activities and Tasks
The Operations Manager will be responsible for leading, maintaining and improving policies supporting the operations function to ensure efficient and compliant delivery of GPSY.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Managing and implementing HR related policies and procedures within the national legal framework and in coordination with Crown Agents HQ.
- Monitor financial operational needs and liaise with Finance Manager to ensure accurate financial reporting, forecasting and finance related requests from FCDO.
- Manage administration and procurement related activities, ensuring all international and internal movement is managed and local procurement procedures are followed.
- Act as Security Focal point on daily operational management of all security issues at GPSY programme locations including approval of movement for all staff prior to travel.
Operations Manager will be full time post. Expected duration is two years from contract start date.
Operations Manager will be based in Amman, Jordan with frequent travel to field locations in Yemen.
· Professional diploma or university degree in HR, Finance, Accounting or Business administration
· Excellent oral and writing skills in English
· Arabic language is desirable.
· Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar position.
· Previous experience of working in protracted crises environments.
· Previous experience working with international donors i.e. UN, FCDO
· Knowledge of Financial reporting and knowledge of donor guidelines (preferable);
· Organized, flexible, proactive, autonomous, excellent attention to detail, ability to maintain confidentiality and good interpersonal skills.
You’ll be working with Crown Agents which is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience.
About what’s on offer
Crown Agents offers a competitive benefits package.