Operations Manager (Jordanian Nationals Only)
Summary: The Operations Manager provides day-to-day oversight of the coordination and implementation of administrative, operational, logistics, procurement, communications & IT, safety and security at CVT Jordan’s office in Amman. Working closely with the operations, administration, finance, and clinical teams, s/he will help ensure that CVT Jordan has the most suitable work environment for its rehabilitation service delivery and clinical capacity-building objectives. The Operations Manager is a member of the local risk management team, covering health, safety, and security as well as fiscal due diligence.
Operational Management (60%):
· Site Operations, via effective collaboration with, management of, and/or delegation to the Site Coordinator
- Manage the CVT Jordan Operations Field Budget, and ensure that fiscal compliance, transparency, and accountability for donor funds are upheld.
- Assist in efforts to update and further develop user-friendly policies, procedures, and systems to promote operational efficiency and accountability, and ensure they have sufficient internal controls and are consistent and compliant with local laws and BPRM
- Regularly review the CVT offices to ensure equipment, infrastructure, and furnishings are in good state of repair and maintenance at all times and report any needs to the Country Director on a timely basis.
- Act as the primary key holder for CVT facilities CVT has or will have; securely maintain copy of all keys and accurate records of all key holders.
- Upon request from supervisor or other key leadership, produce or contribute to reports regarding site operational status, needs, and development.
- Arrange regular testing for safety and security devices in all the operations sites (e.g. fire extinguishers, smoke alarms, first aid kits, fire drills); report immediately any malfunctioning equipment, locks, or doors to the Country Director; maintain log of completed, pending, and future checks.
· Information and Communications Technology, via effective collaboration with, management of, and/or delegation to the Technical Support & IT Specialist:
o Maintain oversight of CVT Jordan IT operations and protocols, including ensuring that network, usage, licenses, and procurement policies comply with applicable donor and government regulations as well as applicable safety and security standards.
o Ensure proper equipment in infrastructures for adequate communications and knowledge of its usage by all.
· Movement and Supply Chain Management, via effective collaboration with, management of, and/or delegation to the Logistics Manager:
· Oversee CVT Jordan fleet management by ensuring CVT maintains a roster of reliable drivers and safe vehicles to be used by CVT staff and visitors as needed.
· Support preparations relating to Field Visits (Donor/Partner/HQ staff visits) to CVT’s locations; including safety and security orientation, room bookings and general hospitality.
· Maintain oversight of CVT Jordan supply chain, including compliance, quality control, asset registration system, inventory distribution and audit, distribution, and efficiency of procurement practices and protocols.
· Establish systems and policies for local procurement to promote expediency, accountability, and transparency while minimizing risk.
· Manage procurement including developing procurement specifications, conducting tenders, and overseeing vendor selection.
· Oversee the preparation and submission of purchase orders including invoices (and other supporting documents) to the Country Director for final approval
· Oversee strategic goods and service contracts, including supplier sourcing, negotiations, contract compliance, selection and evaluation, quality measurement indicators, and relationship management.
Risk Management (15%):
· Ensure CVT Jordan’s operations and sites promote staff, client, and visitor health, safety, and security through appropriate application and enforcement of robust risk management protocols and policies.
· Liaise regularly with available sources of risk management information, including participation in regular health, safety and security activities and briefings within the (I)NGO, diplomatic and UN communities.
· In collaboration with a representative from CVT Headquarters or a security consultant, conduct risk assessments in operational sites and potential newly targeted areas.
· Act as the focal point for all safety and security-related telecommunications systems, including SMS incident notifications and emergency mobile credit distribution.
- Assist in-Country Leadership in ensuring internal incident reporting systems are understood, utilized, and responsive to ongoing developments while recommending any necessary improvements
- Maintain and implement all in-country risk management protocols, particularly with respect to travel and facility risk management, reviewing and updating the protocols at least every quarter (calendar-driven), or whenever there is a substantive change in the security situation or climate, which warrants such a change (event-driven).
- Participate in regular Jordan based risk management team meetings.
- Proactively gather information from a wide variety of sources and inform Country Director of any potential contextual developments.
- Provide all new staff in location with comprehensive health, safety, security, and cultural briefing to all international travelers to Jordan with a particular description of what they should expect upon arrival.
Program Operations (10%):
· Support the Country Director in developing the operations Jordan budget for proposals required by the government of Jordan
· Contribute, as appropriate, operational input for budget development activities in Jordan.
· Participate in the development of new policies and structures in line with CVT strategy in Jordan and the region.
· Provide support and guidance, as needed, to other operations staff in the region in support of CVT’s strategic plan.
Staff Development (10%):
· Provide mentorship and supervision to the Operations team, including the Site Coordinator, Logistics Manager, and Technical Support & IT Specialist.
· Manage team and individual work plans, conducting performance-focused conversations and quarterly check-ins, and supporting team growth and learning as a coordinated and efficient unit.
· Participate in processes to promote quality compliance and retention (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, and evaluation, detection of potential, operational training needs, development and communication) of staff under his/her supervision, ensuring proper sizing, capacities, and role definition.
Other Duties (5%):
Complete administrative responsibilities. Perform other duties as assigned.
Required education, experience, certificates, licenses or registrations
- Bachelor’s degree in development, business, logistics, or a related field is required.
- At least five (5) years of experience working in a coordination, logistics, facility management, or operational capacity in Jordan is required; experience in a clinical or humanitarian setting is strongly preferred
- At least three (3) years of experience working with an international organization.
- Written and spoken fluency in English and Arabic.
- Computer literacy and a professional understanding of Information, Technology and Communications Systems.
- Operational understanding of fleet management, vehicle safety, and structural safety and maintenance.
Preferred education, experience, certificates, licenses or registrations
· Jordanian nationality
· First aid certification is preferred.
- Experience working with at least two of the following donors: USAID, ECHO, BPRM, DFID and knowledge of specific donor guidelines.
- Professional experience with regular interaction with expatriate staff and diverse teams
- Behavioral flexibility / adaptability: identification of shifting priorities, situational nuance, appropriate solutions to achieve objectives
- Results Oriented: problem-solve creatively and mitigate risks effectively to support successful project implementation.
- Analytical Thinking: Strong analytical skills and sound judgment, with the ability to synthesize diverse and complex information from a wide range of sources, and to develop clear and actionable recommendations
- Cultural Awareness: Political, culture and gender awareness in the context of the Middle East.
- Networking & Relationship Building: Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation, diplomacy skills; ability to navigate complex political / social landscapes. Demonstrated experience sensitively building trust with local communities and partners.
- Strong commitment to the humanitarian principles and objectives of CVT
Other: Ability to travel when needed by vehicle to CVT locations.
Supervisory Responsibilities: The Operations Manager has direct supervision of Site Coordinator, Logistics Manager, and Technical Support & IT Specialist. S/he manages contractors with relevant scopes of work.
Internal Collaboration: Primary line of reporting to Jordan-based Country Director. Second line of reporting to the Headquarters-based Program Manager. Close collaboration with members of Jordan in-country management team and HQ-based program Coordinator.
· Office environment with off-site meetings
· Position is based in Amman.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and see. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand, walk and climb stairs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift and carry heavy supplies. This position requires car travel up to 4 hours per one-way journey. Possible air travel may be required.
Travel: Regular travel to sites outside of Amman. Possible regional travel by air and road.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Suitable and interested applicants are requested to send a CV and motivation letter before 11:00 PM on Wednesday December 19, 2018 to: email@example.com