General Description of the Programme:
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organisation has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and has been contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
The primary purpose of this role is to oversee the national recruitment activities in Jordan, Turkey and Syria. The Recruitment Manager will work closely with the HR Coordinator and manage end-to-end recruitment processes from job opening to offer. The Recruitment Manager will also be involved in other talent attraction projects including executive searches, advertising strategy and employer branding.
- Establishes recruiting requirements by studying organization plans and objectives; meeting with managers to discuss needs, obtain requests to recruit (ERFs) and assists with the preparation of job descriptions.
- Periodically review and update recruitment processes to assure efficient and quality processes. Engage with managers to understand their needs and interests.
- Leads GOAL’s recruitment process to ensure we recruit high calibre staff in a fair, effective and professional manner.
- Supervise recruitment team.
- Assure GOAL’s recruitment strategies attract quality applicants through a combination of processes: by placing job advertisements; contacting recruiters, etc.
- Screen all applications for relevant vacancies and evaluate skill level using recruitment expertise.
- Create preliminary shortlists for interview by comparing applicants’ relevant details to the requirements of the job description.
- Determines applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants; analysing responses; verifying references; comparing qualifications to job requirements.
- Schedule and complete HR interviews in person or by phone/ skype.
- Liaise with technical specialists to organise technical and final interviews.
- Evaluates applicants by discussing evaluation procedure results with managers ensuring it follows GOAL HR policy.
- Update applicant tracking system at each stage of the recruitment process. Ensure all roles are accurately progressed through the system for reporting purposes.
- Ensure all stakeholders are kept appraised at each stage of the recruitment process.
- Manage job offers to candidates and pass to the HR team for onboarding.
- Working with HR staff in Turkey and Syria, sets up the induction for each new joiner and ensures that all related administrative items are organised and ready for when the new joiner starts.
- Provide flexible support in the event of an emergency response
- Deal with employment enquiries coming through HR Department.
- Ensure all HR databases and files are kept up to date.
- Ensure HR information is retained for legal purposes and remains confidential.
- Ensures that GOAL’s HR policies are adhered to, in particular all recruitment procedures and communication steps
- Improves organization attractiveness by recommending new policies and practices; monitoring job offers and compensation practices; emphasizing benefits and perks.
- Keep current on labour legislation; reinforcing regulations with managers; recommending new procedures; conducting training.
- Any other duties as requested by supervisor
- Jordan citizenship.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management and/or Business Administration or any other relevant major.
- Minimum 5 years’ recruitment experience, preferably with an NGO.
- Minimum 1 year experience supervising staff.
- Experience in interviewing for a variety of roles
- Excellent research and communications skills
- Excellent levels of spoken and written English and Arabic. Both languages are essentially required.
- Ability to accurately interview and assess candidates for appropriate roles;
- Expert user of an ATS, ideally Greenhouse
- An interest and experience in working in the humanitarian sector.
- Creative approach in attracting the best candidates for GOAL;
- Ability to network and utilise contacts;
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team;
- Customer-oriented approach
- Results orientated and target driven;
- Experience in working with INGO an advantage.
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience with policies, protocols, and procedures of international NGO’s and donor agencies
- Turkish speaking and writing skills are highly desirable.
- Proven reporting skills
- Enthusiastic and keen to work hard to achieve the objectives of the programme
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills and detail orientation
- Advanced skills on Microsoft productivity programmes (i.e. Excel) is desirable.
- Creative and open to learning.
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
How to apply
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking on the “apply now” button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline is 20th July 2020.**