Location: Based in Amman, Jordan, with frequent travels
Reporting Manager: Middle East Team Lead
Start date: ASAP
Applicants must have the right to work in Jordan
MAGENTA is a leading Social and Behavioural Change (SBC) Research and Communications agency that specializes in understanding human decision-making processes in order to design communications solutions for positive change in fragile and development settings. Headquartered in Amman and implementing programs across the Middle East, Africa and Asia, we use the latest in behavioural science principles and a rigorous approach to research, strategy, campaign design and implementation.
Our client base includes UN agencies, INGOs, governments and private sector. We aim to amplify the voices of local actors while bringing international expertise and methodological rigour. To do so, we partner with civil society, creative agencies, media and academics to design innovative, relevant and impactful solutions to some of the most challenging problems of our time. Whether we are aiming to shift parenting practices to improve children’s outcome or to understand how social norms underpin corruption, we always go the extra mile to ensure we can create positive impact for some of the most underserved population in the world.
MAGENTA is currently looking to recruit a new Communications Manager to join the team in Amman and oversee the implementation of key projects as part of the Middle East Portfolio.
This is an exciting role that will hopefully make a positive difference to society in the region. You will play a key role in ensuring its success and effectiveness.
We are looking for exceptional individuals, driven by a keen desire to deliver social impact and who thrive in fast-paced environment. In return, we offer a strong mentoring and exceptional growth possibilities within an expanding team.
Primary responsibilities of the Communications Manager are the following (1) Communications project management, (2) organisational knowledge management and (3) program strategy and design. They work under the guidance of Programme Directors or the Regional Lead.
The Communications Manager will provide programme management for a number of programmes in the research and communications field. Typical tasks include:
Communications Project Management:
· Oversight, management and co-ordination of on-going projects;
· Primary contact for the client and other stakeholders;
· Development of strategies for the effective implementation of activities, integrating SBC principles throughout;
· Lead ideation processes;
· Lead the development of original, thought provoking communications content, rooted in evidence;
· Management of project budgets, deliverables, KPIs and campaign reviews and ultimate responsibility for ensure delivery against contractual requirements, ensuring they are on time, to budget and deliver strategically;
· Building and leading project teams, including creative team;
· Overseeing the coordination of project partners e.g. consultants, media, civil society;
· Conducting internal and external training/workshops on a needs basis;
· Management of project logistics and administrative tasks, including costs tracking, archiving documents….
Business Development in the Middle East: **
· Contributing/leading on proposal preparation and submission;
· Preparing and conducting client presentations;
· Supporting in identifying business development opportunities in focus markets;
· Building partnerships (civil society, media, creative, etc.) in focus markets.
Knowledge Management: **
· Contributing to MAGENTA database – past performance records, contact lists, partner testimonials, meeting notes;
· Development of project case studies for marketing and program development purposes;
· Contributing to the MAGENTA academy by developing regular internal presentation on behavioural sciences theories and models.
REQUIREMENTS & COMPETENCIES
· 8-12 years professional experience;
· At least 8 years of communications project management experience;
· Strong Experience in communications;
· Written and spoken English and Arabic a must;
· Creative thinker, with the ability to develop new ideas tailor to each project;
· Implementer at heart, who like to get the ball running while not sacrificing on the process and principles;
· Robust logic chain analytics and strong general analytical skills;
· Solid understanding of project management cycle;
· Highly numerate, with strong commercial acumen;
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
· Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities;
· Demonstrated desire for excellence and an ability to inspire others to attain professional excellence;
· Demonstrated deep understanding and interest in the Middle East region;
· Innovation driven;
· Technological fluency;
· Willingness to live and work in developing/post-crisis settings;
· Good sense of humour, personable and demonstrated ability to build networks;
· Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to get hands dirty;
· Software fluency: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Office 365;
· Desirable software fluency: social media analytics and/or data analysis software (Nvivo, SPSS for instance).
· Some long hours including evening and weekends to complete tasks or attend events;
· May involve working in regions that are remote and lack basic modern infrastructure;
How to apply
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis
Applicants should submit a two-page CV and letter of motivation titling the email “ Communications Manager – Jordan – Your Name “ to [email protected] . The letter of motivation should describe why the applicant wants to join the Magenta team, with a specific example of how their experience and skills can enhance Magenta’s work.