مطلوب مدير (ة) تواصل للعمل في منظمة كير العالمية
SYRIA RESPONSE SENIOR COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in more than 90 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from clean water to access to education; from microfinance to ensuring that everyone has nutritious food; from agriculture and climate change to disaster response. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because they have proven to be the best hope for creating lasting change in the world. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for over 70 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us, and fight with CARE.
Type of contract : National or International
Application Deadline : August 21, 2022
75 years ago, a small group of Americans sent the world’s first CARE package on a ship across the Atlantic. They refused to stand on the sidelines while millions of Europeans faced starvation. Much has changed since World War II but CARE’s commitment to helping people has not.
Today CARE is a leader in global development. Our staff strengthen health in Honduras. Advance gender equity in Ethiopia. Reduce poverty in Pakistan. Mitigate climate change in Cote d’Ivoire. With an annual budget of $700 million and a global team of 7,000 CARE works in nearly 100 countries around the world to save lives, defeat poverty and promote social justice.
The Senior Communications Manager (SCM) – Syria Crisis will provide technical leadership and support to the Country Offices (Syria, Jordan, Turkey and Lebanon) towards achieving regional communications objectives and managing communications, media and public affairs, in addition to building CARE’s reputation and influence with key audiences.
The Senior Communication Manager will strengthen content to enhance support and engagement and will drive staff engagement communications which contributes to organizational effectiveness.
The SCM will ensure productive and quality work across the Syria Response countries in focus areas that include: donor and public engagement communications, media communications, advocacy communications, emergency communications and internal communications.
- Lead and implement an integrated communications strategy for the regional Syria crisis in consultation with key stakeholders.
- Advise Country Offices in communications strategy planning processes to ensure alignment with regional and global communications, public engagement, and advocacy communications priorities.
- Sharing input with regional leaders and towards global communications strategy development and management.
Reputational Management, Media and Communications
- Lead and facilitate communications and media initiatives that build and protect the reputation of CARE across Country Offices related to the Syria crisis, especially at times of emergency and crises.
- Develop and strengthen content, messaging and positioning for CARE in the sub-region by reflecting the region’s value propositions around key sectors and in alignment with regional advocacy and gender strategies.
- Point of contact on all media matters, facilitate and co-ordinate strategic media coverage and CARE International/CARE members’ (CI/CMP) requests, especially during emergencies. Act as spokesperson where appropriate.
- Pro-actively seek and facilitate strategic media coverage among designated target media in the region to illustrate CARE’s presence and expertise, with attention to gender-in-emergencies, where possible.
- Support CARE Country Offices and partners in their outreach efforts to media outlets and arrange interviews for designated CARE spokespeople,
- Manage media matters in relation to CI/CMPs, VIP visitors, and advise management on sensitive media issues and their potential risks, ensuring coordination with relevant CARE stakeholders.
Leadership and Quality Assurance
- Provide leadership in regional communications, content and matrix management of Country Office communications advisors; member of Regional Syria Response (RSR) Senior Management Team (SMT) and CARE Syria SMT.
- Provide high-level advice, guidance and reporting on key strategic and operational issues impacting CARE’s public facing communications in the region.
- Operationalize (with required technical expertise) CARE’s global communications and media policies, protocols/guidelines and standards of importance and relevancy to the Syria and neighboring countries.
- Manage communications-related business activities in alignment with CARE global standards, processes and meeting CMP, donor, and other stakeholder needs.
- Guiding regional communications, print and electronic, platforms and communications resources so that production is to a high standard and monitored for audience engagement.
Capacity Building and Talent Development
- Facilitate a process of continuous learning on appropriate communications systems, processes and tools, as appropriate to the context and priorities of the Middle East North Africa (MENA) and Syria Response.
- Support Country Offices in building the media and communication capacities of their teams, specifically the communication staff. Facilitate access to key communications resources, materials, learning and support opportunities for Country Offices, establish institutional links, engagement of trainers, and mentoring.
- Bachelor degree in communications, media, journalism, public relations, or other related field.
- At least 7 years of professional experience in areas of international communications, media, journalism, humanitarian work.
- Excellent writing, editing and communications skills (verbal and written) in Arabic and English.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, plan and meet deadlines.
- Master’s degree in journalism or communications.
- Videography and video editing.
- Additional web, apps and graphic design qualifications.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please visit our website at
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at [email protected]
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
The closing date for this posting, if listed, is approximate. Job postings may be removed from CARE’s career website at any time.