Internews Network is seeking a Program Manager candidate in Jordan to lead the in-country implementation of a project that aims to build independent journalist/content producer capacity to use open data to promote government transparency and accountability. The program manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of the program on the ground, making sure the project is on track with the workplan, coordinate with local partners, organize timely completion of high quality deliverables and draft regular project reports. The program manager leads a small field team including a M&E and Logistics Assistant, a local security trainer and a legal trainer. The program manager reports to the program officer in DC and will closely coordinate with the Data Journalism Advisor. The program manager will also work closely with a small team at Internews headquarters, in Washington DC, which provides high-level technical advice, ensures compliance with Internews and donor policies and regulations, and offers back-stopping support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct regular monitoring of project activities to ensure project objectives are being met;
- Monitor and oversee workplan implementation;
- Manage and mentor a small program field staff;
- Coordination with local partners and project beneficiaries;
- Lead internal and external technical reporting;
- Prepare monthly reports to supervisor on all Internews projects in execution;
- Lead monitoring, evaluation and learning and adapt program activities as necessary in coordination with the Program Officer and Internews HQ team in Washington, D.C.;
- Delivery of trainings of trainers and other direct technical assistance;
- Communicate with media beneficiaries about trainings and other programs;
- Receive cash for Internews Field Office through local bank account;
- Provide financial reports for project activities to HQ;
- Participate in stakeholder meetings and media implementers in Amman, as requested;
- Keep HQ up to date about media developments in Jordan;
- Identify potential local partners in Jordan and complete appropriate research on the prospective partner’s business and equipment needs;
- Develop relationships with prospective partners, while maintaining existing partners relationships;
- Assist in programmatic development and project support for future programs;
- Research and develop new partnerships and funding opportunities;
- Carry out research as assigned and in support of ongoing projects and new initiatives;
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- 4 to 6 years of project management experience or relevant advanced degree
- Excellent knowledge of Jordanian Media landscape; knowledge of data journalism a plus
- Ability to work in Jordan
- Ability to multi-task and flexible with changing business needs
- Solution-oriented, pro-active problem solver
- Excellent English language (spoken and written) and communication skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, reliability, good time management
- Ability to work with colleagues in different time zones
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving and analytical skills required.
- Ability to work well with others, meet deadlines, and respond to changes in priorities
- Teamwork and productivity
- Fluency in English, good command of Arabic (written and spoken).