Program Manager – Jordan
Program Manager – Jordan
The American Friends Service Committee (AFSC) is an international organization that is committed to social justice, peace and humanitarian services. Its work is based on the belief in the worth of every person to overcome violence and injustice.
The American Friends Service Committee (AFSC) Jordan Country office is seeking a qualified candidate to lead its program implementation in Jordan.
SCOPE OF WORK: The Jordan Program Manager is responsible for the overall management and monitoring of AFSC Programming in Jordan covering civic engagement, Youth Programming, Capacity Building of Civil Society Organization, and Peace Building. This includes strategy development, proposal development, technical oversight, staff management and development, administrative supervision, budget management, grants compliance, and local partner relations.
Program Management, Technical Quality, and Strategy
- Coordinate and manage AFSC program in Jordan and provide strategic direction, leadership and overall technical and management support to the Jordan team in line with AFSC’s Global Strategic Plan;
- Provide clear technical support, guidance, training and mentoring to the Jordan Program team as well as partner organizations and staff.
- Oversee Program implementation, management of budgets and financial reporting in accordance with AFSC internal policy and donor regulations.
- Proactively work on the development of concept notes and proposals to existing and new donors, maintaining a coherent strategy across AFSC areas of intervention in Jordan;
- Support the identification of opportunities for programming in support of AFSC overall strategy through collaboration with regional leadership and development staff in the US. Proactively collaborate with partner organizations on the identification of new funding opportunities and the design of new interventions;
- Actively identify, build and promote partnerships with INGOs, UN agencies, civil society organizations, and networks working on civic engagement and peacebuilding.
Grant Monitoring & Reporting
- Ensure all monitoring activities are appropriately implemented and fully documented, including systematic and timely data collection as required by AFSC and its donors
- Develop monitoring and evaluation systems (including indicator tracking sheets) to properly capture outcome and output monitoring and evaluation data against program goals.
- Support partners in M&E activities, and in ensuring quality implementation of project activities.
- Develop program narrative reports to reflect implementation for both AFSC and its donors.
Representation and coordination
- Build strong relationships with line ministry officials, donors and other stakeholders.
- Represent AFSC on sectoral representation bodies and other related events in the country.
- Build relationships with civil society organizations; conduct partner mapping and snapshots; collaborate with partners on project design.
Staff Supervision & Development
- Manage the program team in Jordan
- Discuss job expectations, set objectives and provide appropriate and timely feedback regarding performance, including timely implementation of the annual staff performance management system.
- Advanced university degree in international relations, development, social work, or a related field.
- Excellent professional track record with at least five years of INGO level experience in social work, peacebuilding, civic engagement while working with refugee communities and programming with youth.
- Strong technical experience in areas of civic engagement, training for youth, capacity building of civil society organizations, and systems strengthening, including experience in post-conflict project management.
- Strong strategic thinking and proposal writing skills.
- Demonstrated experience in project and staff management
- Strong proficiency in budget management, grants management and reporting.
- Excellent communication skills and knowledge of the context and the culture in Jordan
Working Environment, and Travel: This position is based in Amman Jordan with the possibility of travel to other countries in the region.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline on December 16th, 2019.
Contract period: 12 months.
Salary/benefits: According to AFSC’s Middle East salary scale and terms and conditions.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their CV along with a cover letter to the email: [email protected] applications should be sent with the job ID (JO PM 19) stated in the subject field of the email
Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.