Forum of Federations
The Global Network on Federalism and Devolved Governance
Senior Program Manager – Jordan
The Forum of Federations (the Forum) is an international governmental organization based in Canada, working on devolved governance around the globe. The Government of Canada has granted finding to the Forum for the implementation of a women’s leadership and empowerment project in the MENA region. The project “Empowering Women for Leadership Roles in the MENA Region: Jordan-Morocco-Tunisia” aims to promote gender equality, human rights and inclusive governance by developing women’s leadership capacities, More information is available on the website: http://www.forumfed.org
The Forum is seeking to hire an experienced Senior Program Manager who can provide a unique set of skills for this complex and timely women’s leadership program to manage the implementation of its program in Jordan. The skills we seek include:
- Proven record in planning and coordination for complex programs in governance, women’s leadership and political participation is a core requirement
- Proven experience in donor project management is a core requirement – planning and administration, results based management, reporting, Monitoring & Evaluation, budgeting etc. Prior experience in working with Canadian Government funded programs is an asset.
- Deep understanding of program design and implementation; the capacity to translate governance, gender equality and leadership issues into feasible change strategies. Strong competency and knowledge of concepts and methodologies of development and social justice issues including gender equality, women’s leadership and inclusive governance. Capacity to provide substance guidance on project themes including soaping content of activities and coordinating policy research and dialogue.
- Thorough understanding of inclusive governance, gender equality and women’s leadership opportunities and challenges in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan and more widely in the MENA region.
- Excellent communication and representation skills. Proven record in working effectively with multiple stakeholders in government, civil society and private sectors.
- Excellent Proficiency in Arabic and English. Strong report writing skills in English is a core requirement. Basic knowledge of French is an asset given that the project also covers Tunisia and Morocco
- Good team spirit. Capacity to manage multiple priorities, work under pressure and deliver within deadlines; work long and flexible hours.
- Experience supervising staff and short-term consultants/experts.
Candidates should have a post-graduate or professional degree in a related field (e.g. gender studies, law, political science, economics etc.), as well as 8+ years of experience in progressively senior program management and administration roles, including at least 4 years in governance and gender programs. Candidates that fulfill the above can email their CV and 1-2 page cover letter (both in English) by 20 December 2018 to [email protected] and [email protected].
Please indicate in the subject line of the e-mail: Forum-Jordan: Senior Program Manager Position. Only those short listed will be contacted. All short listed candidates will write an aptitude test. The best candidates will be invited for an oral interview.
*This position is based in Amman, Jordan; Candidates must be resident in Amman and authorised to work in Jordan.