Contract: Fixed term, four years, accompanied position.
Salary and Benefits: In line with Oxfam international’s pay range. Core benefits. Global benefits for internationally relocated candidates only.
Are you a values-led leader able to empower teams to achieve a positive impact?
Do you have a deep understanding of the political and economic context in the Middle East and North African region both in the humanitarian and long-term development spaces?
Are you committed to using Oxfam’s resources and expertise in ways that will support and strengthen locally-led efforts to end poverty, inequalities and injustice?
If the answer is yes, we would love to hear from you!
Oxfam in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) envisions a region where women, men, boys and girls in all their diversity live a life of their choice in safe, peaceful, just, equal, non-discriminatory and inclusive societies, where they exercise their rights and hold duty-bearers accountable at local, national, regional and global levels.
All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness. To read more about our values please click here
We are looking for a Regional Director to provide vision and strategic direction to all of Oxfam’s work in the MENA region during an exciting period of transformational change.
We invite applicants to read the summary of Oxfam in MENA’s 10 year strategy to find out more about our life-changing work in the region.
As well as leading the region, you will contribute to the overall leadership of Oxfam as a member of the wider Global Programs Management Team, ensuring the voice of the region is effectively heard.
What we’re looking for
In order to help drive and deliver our vision, we are currently seeking a Regional Director who cares about Oxfam’s mission in the region and is able to role-model our values and feminist leadership principles, both internally and externally.
The Regional Director position requires a range of skills, competencies and experience
- Geographical, political and regional knowledge
- Leadership and management experience:- representing Oxfam externally, leading through complex change, motivating and empowering teams, understanding of both humanitarian and development issues
- Strategic analysis:- maximizing adaptability, learning from experience and encouraging forward thinking
- Resource management:- competent steward of Oxfam’s financial resources both in terms of financial management and donor relationships
- Risk management:- utilizing sound judgements in pressurized and often uncertain contexts.
- Excellent communication skills, including fluency in English and Arabic and ideally a good working knowledge of French
- Ability to travel, where possible, regionally and globally often to sensitive and high security risk locations.
Please see the job description for full information
What we offer
At Oxfam, we believe that every aspect of our work can lead to a positive outcome. If you have the same opinion, together with the ability to meet the challenges involved, this role offers scope for immense personal fulfilment – as well as outstanding opportunities to develop your career. Oxfam is committed to providing a fair compensation package and a flexible working environment
How to apply
Please click here to apply via the Oxfam International website. You will be asked to upload an up to date CV and a covering letter, clearly explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job description