Response Security Manager
World Vision International
World Vision is a humanitarian, development, and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world.
Founded over 65 years ago and now working in nearly 100 countries, World Vision implements disaster preparedness programmes and helps build resilient communities. Our Disaster Management team acts to save lives and alleviate suffering of crises-affected people by implementing sustainable programmes focused on meeting immediate and long-term needs.
Here’s where you come in:
As**, Response Security Manager** you will support the Head of Syria Country Office (Response Manager) in ensuring that effective security measures for Operational Response Office programmes within Syria, are both appropriately planned for and addressed within the Response Context. Lead in the optimization of organizational security and the mitigation of operational risks for ministry effectiveness by establishing security systems and mechanisms for institutionalizing an organizational culture and practice of safety and security. Your role is instrumental in conflict crisis and security program development, continuity and enhancing security capacity in analysing change in the context for continuous operational activities’ control. You will work with a wide range of stakeholders across multiple functions in support of key projects and will be responsible for conducting ensuring end-to-end security capability and operational delivery to the field based on the changing context and work requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master preferred) in Security Management, Risk Management, Strategic Studies, International Relations or Emergency Management. Or 5 years equivalent field experience. (General Management studies also considered).
- Previous experience in the professional security arena (INGO, Corporate, Military, Law Enforcement, or Emergency Services).
- Sound knowledge of INGO security practices with proven experience in Security Risk Assessments (SRA), security planning and crises management in the humanitarian context.
- Ability to communicate well in English & (verbal and written) – particularly in a crisis situation; Knowledge of Arabic language is an advantage.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel internationally up to 30%of the time.
- Possibility to travel to ‘high risk’ security environments at short notice.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 20 JUN 2019. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.