Medical Director – Jordan Health Aid Society (JHAS)
Jordan Health Aid Society (JHAS)
Jordan Health Aid Society (JHAS) is a non-profit, non-governmental local Jordanian organization founded in Jordan in 2005 on the basis of serving, supporting, and motivating the local community, surrounding countries and MENA region. JHAS aims to provide high quality medical care services to disadvantaged individuals along with spreading health awareness toward life style and disease prevention.
JHAS is seeking the employment of Medical director with responsibility for the planning, design, development, implementation, supervision, and administration of all health related activities within JHAS programs.
Scope of Work:
The Medical Director is responsible for the planning, design, development, implementation, supervision, and administration of all health related activities within JHAS programs.
1) Technical Assistance
- Advise senior management staff on public and private health care systems in Jordan
- Provide technical support to design health and social program interventions
- Participate in preparation of technical reports and analysis for program
- Take active part in the development of strategic plans for program implementation
- Organize and conduct necessary health assessments
- Provide technical assistance in developing and formulating new program
- Elaborate a monitoring and evaluation framework in partnership with senior management staff for health activities
- Identify, organize, and conduct training for medical professionals within JHAS health operations
- Ensure that clinical procedures and protocol used by JHAS are in compliance with national and international standards
- Lead development of program specific material, guidelines, protocols, etc
2) Program Management:
-Provide a supervisory role for the program personnel and their performance
- Monitor and evaluate program operations on a regular basis
-Provide regular updates and reports to senior management staff as required; contribute to donor’s reports and internal
- Reports as required.
- Coordinate health related program operations with the management staff
-Represent JHAS in coordination meetings with INGOs, UN agencies, National Stakeholders and Government of Jordan, particularly with the MOH
- Liaise with the MOH and other Ministries and governmental bodies regarding project implementation and ensure synchronization and compliance with the national strategies and policies
4) Administration and management
- Work closely with administrative, logistics and procurement, human resource, and finance department for all issues related to health activities
- Provide clear instruction to the field staff regarding training and monitoring activities in the field
- Provide timely notification about needed national and international consultancies and provide draft SOW for each of them
· Bachelor degree of medicine, or other related health fields.
· Post-graduate qualification in primary health care or public health medical degree.
· Familiar with national and international public health standards , Knowledge of Sphere standards will be also a credit
· A minimum of five years working experiences in relevant position or field with health care provider such as International NGOs, UN –agency or other health entities.
· Experiences in training, capacity- building activities.
· Excellent computer skills ( MS , excel , PowerPoint …)
· Excellent English and Arabic written skills.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to derive innovative solution.
· Personal qualities : strong interpersonal , intercultural skills , pro-activity and flexibility and motivation
- Ability to work within a team structure, flexible, and can cope with stressful workloads and working with limited resources
- Ability to travel to project sites.
- Offer job includes accommodation and transportation in addition to 2000$ monthly salary.
- Work under Jordanian labor Law
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their CVs to
For further information about job descriptions, please visit JHAS website