Data Entry Clerk
1. ROLE SUMMARY:
Position: Data Entry Clerk
Responsible to: MEAL and Research Manager, Jordan
Applications deadline: 3 Dec 2018
Location: Jordan, Amman
2. DESCRIPTION OF THE ROLE:**
War Child UK is experiencing a period of rapid growth in its programmes in Jordan. The short-term Data Entry Clerk will work closely with the Monitoring Evaluation Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Officer and the full-time Data Entry Clerk to help sort, enter, and clean all the data received by the MEAL team from the Child Friendly Centers. This role will be temporary and mainly focused on transporting data from paper forms to electronic forms (excel and kobo) accurately and cleaning it afterwards, as well as coordinating for obtaining data and attendance sheets from over 30 sites on a monthly basis.
3. RESPONSIBLE TO:
The short-term Data Entry Clerk will be responsible to the MEAL and Research Manager.
4. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES OF THE POST
· Prepare source data for computer entry by compiling and sorting information according to entry categories and priorities established by MEAL Officer and full-time Data Entry Clerk.
· Review data for deficiencies; resolve discrepancies by returning incomplete documents to the full-time MEAL Assistant for resolution.
· Enter, amend & retrieve all needed data on excel and kobo using computer and/or electronic tablets according to the MEAL Officer instructions;
· Enter, amend & retrieve all needed data on paper/hard copy as needed;
· Verify entered data by reviewing, correcting, deleting, or reentering data; combining data from different excel sheets/workbooks to eliminate duplication of data.
· File data according to current filing systems and with returning to the full-time MEAL Assistant.
· Keep all data in safe custody;
· Perform any other data entry and cleaning duties as required.
· Coordinate with different staff and partners to obtain needed data for entry from over 30 sites monthly.
5. WORK RELATIONSHIP
The role involves working closely with the following external and internal stakeholders:
· Partner community based organizations (CBOs);
· WCUK field staff in camps
· Project Beneficiaries;
· All staff in the WCUK Jordan & relevant staff from the WCUK team in London;
6. QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS
- Academic and Professional
· Two years diploma in Management Information System or any other related field;
· Successful Completion of a formal training course or technical vocational training in data entry
· Demonstrated ability to operate the data entry at a good speed;
· At least 2 years’ experience in data entry;
· Experience in working for (I)NGO is an asset
Excellent command of spoken and written Arabic and good command of written English.
· Excellent communication skills with people;
· Maintain confidentiality;
· Excellent computer skills: MS word, Excel and Power Point, MIS systems, tablet software
· Good drafting skills Arabic and English
· Team player;
· Accurate and systematic;
· Commitment to War Child’s aims, values and mission
· Knowledge and experience in Child Rights and Child protection
7. CONTRACTUAL TERMS
o Position: 1 month temporary contract (Service provider) with possibility of extension depends on availability of funds & performance, daily rate is offered. Position starts first week of December 2018.
o Working Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week
o Travel: Areas Inside Jordan
o Probation: none
o Leave: none
o Send CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for this role to [email protected] by 3rd December 2018.
o Insert the following title “Data Entry” in the subject bar, those who don’t insert the title will not be shortlisted.
o Due to limited resources War Child HR will contact only the shortlisted candidates