مطلوب محلل معلومات إدارية للعمل لدى منظمة دولية
iMMAP is an international not-for-profit organization that provides information management, coordination and analysis services to humanitarian and development organizations, enabling partners to make informed decisions that ultimately provide high-quality targeted assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations.
We support actors to solve operational and strategic challenges. Our pioneering approach facilitates informed and effective emergency preparedness, humanitarian response, and development aid activities by enabling evidence-based decision-making for UN agencies, humanitarian cluster/sector leads, NGOs, and government operations.
An outbreak of respiratory disease caused by a new coronavirus started in China in December 2019 and has now been detected in most countries. The virus is named Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) and the disease associated with it is named COVID-19. The epidemic was declared a Public Health Emergency of International Concern on 30 January 2020 and characterized by the WHO Director General as a pandemic on 11 March 2020.
As more governmental measures are adopted to reduce pressure on health services and public health risks, the impact of the pandemic is being felt by all humanitarian organisations whose staff is mostly confined at home. Non-essential field movements have all been cancelled. Needs assessments are being cancelled and regular monitoring systems interrupted. For the months to come, access to structured information in humanitarian contexts will become the exception, and most decisions will be made on the basis of remote techniques, secondary data, social media, expert judgement or journalism. The impact of movement limitations will be felt at each step of the assessment and analysis cycle.
This project will support a global project involving 10 countries. This position will support country level responses for Syria, provide secondary data analysis of all available information, primary data collection, and require qualitative and quantitative data analysis skills, as well as the ability to synthesize this analysis into concise monthly situation situation reports.
Description of Duties
The candidate will support all goals and strategies of the iMMAP programme in its work with national partners, international partners and applicable donor agencies.
The candidate will develop and maintain constant and good contacts with humanitarian partners.
- Proactively gather information from sector partners and government authorities (where possible) which may be of use to the sector for informing decisions;
- Identify gaps in current implementing partner participants and will engage with NGOs, humanitarian and development organisations to enhance participation in data sharing initiatives.
- Identify barriers for information collection, collation, analysis and sharing.
- Ensure timely preparation and generation of information products, and support on information sharing and dissemination through the DEEP platform to all relevant implementing partners.
- The candidate will adapt appropriate existing IM tools including those available in-country (including from other sectors) and global level.
- As appropriate, design of data collection forms, ensuring that the purpose and use of all data collected is clear, accurate and easily shared, highlighting where potential problems might arise;
- Organise and manage the data input and initial analysis and presentation of data for the sector;
- Develop standard formats for, and regular output of publication of materials and statistics highlighting the humanitarian situation in country upon request.
- Facilitate mobile data collection, form development and data management.
- Generate statistical reports, graphs, maps and follow up on cluster specific trends.
- Support new and ongoing assessments.
- Collect and consolidate data from various partners, prepare and submit reports on regular bases
- Produce, share maps illustrating scale/coverage of assistance
- Maintain databases, provide data entry if required
- Participate in, and coordinate with, the secondary data analysis tagging team, and ensure the information is captured correctly
- Be in in regular communication with the senior analysis team and the global COVID project manager
Supporting clusters and humanitarian organisations in-country in:
- designing appropriate needs monitoring and assessment strategies based on information gaps and criticality, to avoid duplication, assessment fatigue and to promote information sharing;
- designing their primary data collection exercises and ensuring quality and credible analysis;
- Accessing an updated repository of multi sector information as to see existing linkages between sectors and best response paths
Ensuring all data (news articles, social media, humanitarian reports, phone surveys, etc.) is captured and properly structured in the DEEP platform and analysed on a regular basis (weekly and monthly processes), using a common analytical framework aligned with global best practices and an assessment registry. Structured information will be made available to all humanitarian partners willing to collaborate on assessment and analysis; The DEEP repository will be updated on a daily basis. Budget will be allocated to monthly remote data collection, ensuring field information is factored in the analysis of secondary data.
Develop guidance, tools and training material to conduct humanitarian analysis remotely, including the development of a virtual joint analysis room in DEEP;
Support monthly situation analysis for a period of 12 months, focusing on impact of COVID-19 on the affected population and their humanitarian conditions (basic goods and services, protection concerns, coping strategies, physical and mental well-being, people with specific needs, programmes disruption, perceptions, humanitarian access, response and capacities, etc.). One situation analysis report is planned every month for each country.
- Attend periodic information management meetings with the iMMAP team and country director to share updates on ongoing IM products and activities and promote good practices in the organisation.
- Participate in cluster meetings and/or the IM working group.
- Advanced degree in the field of information management; data analysis or equivalent
- Demonstrated qualitative and quantitative data analysis skills
- High level of proficiency in English (required) and Arabic language skills an advantage
- Knowledge of working with the DEEP platform (https://www.thedeep.io/) is an advantage
- Excellent writing and secondary data analysis skills
- Advanced know of humanitarian architecture and experience in working on multi-sector assessments
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
How to apply
Please apply through: https://careers.immap.org/jobs/191