TOR: Monitoring & Evaluation Analyst
Project: USAID Syria Accountability and Research Team (Syria ART)
Duration of Position: 11 months; renewable on a yearly basis thereafter
Location: Amman, Jordan
Proximity International, LLC is a women-owned and women-led applied research firm specializing in monitoring, evaluation (M&E), research, and capacity building in fragile contexts. We work closely with the humanitarian and development community in order to fill critical knowledge gaps by providing independent assessments, research and data collection services to improve the targeting, accountability and impact of life-saving programs in conflict settings. Today, Proximity is a rapidly growing organization of talented and motivated researchers, analysts, and technical specialists with an expanding global portfolio.
At this time, Proximity is looking to hire a Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Analyst for the recently awarded USAID Syria Accountability and Research Team (ART) program. Syria ART is a 5-year contract that will provide the USAID/Middle East Bureau with third-party monitoring, research and analysis for its resilience and stabilization assistance in Syria. ART will independently monitor, verify, and analyze the results of the assistance and also provide independent research and analysis services to inform USAID’s strategy, project, and activity design and implementation.
The M&E Analyst will work as part of the M&E unit to support the range of independent third party monitoring and evaluation activities required under ART. The M&E Analyst will work with the M&E Component Lead and technical Deputy Chief of Party to design technical features of the ART M&E framework, including adapting data collection tools to TPM needs, determining appropriate sampling techniques, and reviewing data collection guidelines. More specifically, the M&E Analyst is responsible for reviewing and analyzing primary and secondary qualitative and quantitative data and drafting weekly or monthly M&E reports to be submitted to USAID. To succeed in this role, the M&E Analyst will need to work with other ART units, including the Research and Information Management teams, and think critically and creatively about integrating contextual information with field-collected data to draft timely, useful and accurate reports to USAID.
- Work with the M&E Component Lead to set a strong M&E Framework for the ART platform
- Support in drafting a third party monitoring (TPM) data collection toolkit, including quantitative and qualitative tools, sampling techniques, visual data capture methods, etc.
- Work with data entry management team to review data quality, reliability, veracity and integrity
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative data analysis, and produce weekly, monthly, and quarterly M&E reports for USAID
- Drive excellent in data analysis and presentation
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as international development, economic development, political science, international relations, sociology, anthropology, etc.
- At least 3 years experience with monitoring, evaluation and learning for humanitarian or development programs
- Demonstrated ability to support in the design of technical M&E functions
- Demonstrated ability to conduct quantitative and qualitative data analysis and M&E reporting
- Ability to write in English fluently or at a native level
- Ability to work independently, proactively solve problems and consistently meet deadlines
- Positive, enthusiastic team member
- Proficiency in Arabic highly desirable
- Previous experience working with Syria humanitarian or development programs highly desirable
How to apply
Please send the following documents to [email protected]:
- Email subject: M&E Analyst_YOUR NAME
- Cover Letter (max 250 words)
- CV (max 3 pages)
- Soonest available start date
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please do not apply if you do not meet the qualifications outlined above. Individuals wishing to send prospective CVs are welcome to do so via Proximity International’s website.**