Accountant, USAID Monitoring & Evaluation Support Project (MESP), Amman, Jordan
Accountant, USAID Monitoring & Evaluation
Support Project (MESP), Amman, Jordan
The Monitoring & Evaluation Support Program (MESP) will provide evaluation assistance, M&E training and support, and strategic communications assistance to the USAID Mission in Jordan as well as local implementing partners. The program will enable the Mission to fulfill its performance monitoring, evaluation, reporting, and information sharing as mandated by Agency guidance.
Please note: Only Jordanian citizens are eligible for this position.
The Accountant for the Jordan MESP project office will support the Finance and Administrative Manager in the payment and tracking of all costs incurred under the project in Jordan. Costs need not only to be described and kept accountable by the maintenance of receipts, but also allocated to the correct place in the project’s budget. This position requires proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Quickbooks, as well as a familiarity with Jordanian business practices.
- Confirm proper budgetary allocation of all costs incurred under Jordan MESP project.
- Audit payment documentation to assure the compatibility with MSI regulations.
- Prepare payment vouchers.
- Ensure payment of bills to local vendors and maintain receipts for all payments.
- Safeguard financial documents and maintain files.
- Collect check books from the bank and prepare bank reconciliation.
- Record transactions in QuickBooks.
- Prepare the monthly reporting package for headquarters.
- Review monthly accounting reports for headquarters.
- Record petty cash balance.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Chief of Party and Finance and Administrative Manager.
- Degree in Accounting or relevant field.
- Significant experience using Excel and Quickbooks.
- Knowledge of FAR, ADS, and USAID procurement regulations desired.
- Highest standards of integrity, professionalism, and impartiality.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (writing and speaking).
- Highly organized work habits, attention to detail.
- Fluency in English and Arabic.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.