Organization: The Center for Victims of Torture (CVT) provides rehabilitative support to survivors of torture and war violence and works for the prevention of torture worldwide. We work locally, nationally and internationally through programs that provide treatment services, training, research and advocacy that heal survivors and end the practice of torture.
Location: This position may be in Amman or other city according to program needs
Objective: The Accountant will be responsible for all financial work of CVT’s program in Jordan to ensure all financial related responsibilities are implemented in line with CVT’s organizational strategies, national staff policies & procedures to achieve program outcomes.
Report to: Senior Finance Officer
Supervise: No supervision responsibility
A. Key Responsibilities:
Purpose of the position and major areas of accountability and core responsibilities and tasks on financial managements.
- Book keeping and general accounting and Compliance with CVT financial procedures
- Recording program incomes and expenditures/disbursements
- Keeping and updating the books of accounts on a daily basis
- Managing the cash flow for daily operations and ensuring enough cash is available for project related expenses
- Disbursing cash for expenditures in accordance with approved Purchase Requests
- Plan and monitor all office cash flows.
- Assist in audit and audit queries.
- Establish reconciliation of all outstanding advances, payable and outstanding checks
- .Documents all financial transaction and make sure every financial transaction is recorded.
- Assist preparing monthly finance expenditure report for the office.
- Facilitate cash counts and Bank reconciliations at the end of every month.
- Facilitate procurement documents processing and verify all procurement documents for payment against receipts
B. Experience & skills required
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or other business related degree.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- At least 2 years of relevant experience with one year minimum in working with donor funded projects and NGOs.
- Ability to set priorities, organize time efficiently and work independently on several tasks simultaneously.
- Experience working in local and regional contexts and knowledge of local area and community structures desirable.
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality.**
- Able to work in a stressful environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team context.
- Able to meet strict deadlines.
C. General conditions
- Strictly committed to respect CVT’s confidentiality policy and to not disclose any information.
- Will use his/her best endeavors to prevent the disclosure by others any matters of a confidential nature to which they may be or become privacy because of this agreement.
- Upholds the highest humanitarian standards, including the Inter-Agency Standing Committee (IASC) six key principles related to prevention of sexual abuse and exploitation.
How to apply
Suitable and interested applicants are requested to send a CV and motivation letter before 5 PM on Thursday, August 27th, 2020 to : [email protected] **
Note : Applications with job title in the subject field will only be considered.