Position title “Accountant”
Center for Defending freedom of Journalists (CDFJ) is a well-known reputable non-government nonprofit organization is currently seeking to hire qualified person in the following position:
Scope of Work
The Accountant is responsible for providing financial and accountancy capacity and support to the day-to-day management of the finance functions in the CDFJ.
- Review expense vouchers submitted by requestors to ensure that account codes are correct, the projects still exist and the requests are within the budget lines.
- Verify that all expense vouchers are properly approved, supported documents are properly organized and stamped with proper stamps
- Review of cash and bank books after monthly closing to ensure that expense vouchers together with the relevant supporting documents are attached to support payments.
- Prepare the cash and bank reconciliations to ensure that the cash and bank books reconcile with the cash on hand and the bank statements.
- Review the monthly payroll send by Senior HR, ensure that formulas, calculation of income taxes, social security, medical insurance and other allowances are accurate.
- Prepare salary allocations based on the monthly payroll.
- Monitor, closely, bank balance during the month and update finance manager of cash flow status of following month.
- Prepare the monthly CDFJ current account report and reconciliation.
- Maintain the JV entries and ensure that supporting documents are attached to all entries and to keep track of the numbering.
- Supervise electronic and hard copies filing system of Finance Department on shared drive, get sure of proper scanned files of all ongoing and closed projects documents.
- Verify bank accounts reconciliations, monthly accrued expenses and monitor intercompany accounts
- Ensure that all staff cash advances are properly reconciled, approved by line manager and charged to correct budgets lines
- Assist Finance Manager in preparation of monthly and other financial reports due to CDFJ and donors.
- Assist in sub-grants reviewing for the submitted Monthly report along with having all the adequate backups.
- Ensure that on monthly, the transactions on daily basis all accounting records entered into the Accounting System under the direct supervision of the Finance Manager.
- Maintain accurate files for taxation, social security and medical insurances, ensure a monthly reconciliations of the files and all records ties up to the respective accounts.
- Carry out any other duties as requested by CDFJ Finance Manager within scope of work.
· At least 2 years of work experience in a finance/administration position of which 1 year with an NGO.
· BA in accounting or equivalent subject
· Excellent Arabic.
· High level of written and spoken English.
Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
· Experience of working with different accounting package
· Enthusiastic, self-motivated
· Team-player with good interpersonal skills, cross-cultural understanding and clear communicator (skilled in oral and written communication)
· Capacity to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels
· Able to prioritize work to meet deadlines. Creative, open-minded, flexible, self-learner.
· Willingness to be stretched professionally & personally- Excellently organized and structured
· Good attention to detail, accurate
· Problem-solving ability
· Competent with administrative tasks
· Experience in dealing with banks
· Efficient in managing work
Interested candidates are kindly required to send their C.Vs with a cover letter before 20/02/2020 to: [email protected]
kindly include the position in the subject of the email.