Accounting – Jordanian Only
1. Job Purpose
To make payments to local suppliers and reconcile supplier’s statement of accounts.
0. Principal Accountabilities
0. Receive and log all incoming local supplier invoices so that delays are followed up and invoices are not missed for payment.
0. Match and seek invoices approval for payment (local suppliers) so that DHL interest is protected.
0. Validate approval of invoices in accordance with DOAG.
0. Organize payment run and seek approval to make timely payments.
0. Reconcile supplier control account and review age analysis to minimize back log in making payments.
0. Follow up all debit balances on supplier account to seek timely refund.
0. Reconcile supplier accounts to their statement and action as required in a timely manner to record all liabilities.
0. Effectively deal with internal and external invoice queries.
0. Resolve all supplier invoices related issues and queries in a timely manner.
0. Provide accruals to be made for invoices that missed the AP month end cut off so that all liabilities are booked in related period.
0. Capture AP accruals in the general ledger.
0. Develop and maintain an up to date supplier information system to support the achievement of payment objectives.
0. Provide accrual and prepayment invoices to other finance staff for accounting and reporting.
0. To perform all work for month end reporting for areas handled by self to meet deadlines.
– Post JV when requested and authorized.
0. Other tasks that the CFO requests.
0. Nature and Scope
To manage relationship with suppliers and employees. The consistently high service levels required to be successful require very close co-operation within payables team.
0. Reporting Relationships
– Direct Reports: Senior Accountant
– Indirect Reports: Finance Manager
– To deal with staff relating to matters of company business
– Local suppliers
– External auditors
0. Problem Solving
– Investigating anomalies prior to making payments
0. Decision Making
– Payment dates to be set
– Payments to be rejected or sent for clarification as per DOAG
0. Planning and Organisation
– Payments to be made require planning keeping in view bank holidays and availability of signatories. The nature of the business results in constant pressure from various sources to make urgent payments.
0. Position Challenge
– All suppliers invoices to be processed via AP
– Streamline existing processes and provide world class service to internal and external customers
– Continue to meet tight internal and external month end close deadlines
المهارات والخبرات المطلوبة
1. Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Commerce
Good standard of written and oral English
Minimum 3 years of experience of working in accounts payable of a large organization
Good working knowledge of accounts payable, general ledger and payment processes
Good working knowledge of HEXAGON
Ability to co-ordinate work and provide effective service to internal and external customers
Computer Literate – MS Office
Good inter personal skills and ability to deal with staff at all levels
Customer service mentality
An effective co-coordinator in driving processes and communicate processes in a most effective manner
Resilient on “financial and business controls”
Co-ordinate and drive “financial process framework”
Ability to see and understand “big picture”
Problem solving skills
Pay attention to details
Ability to comply with processes and develop processes over a period of time
Excellent office working skills
Ability to interact with staff and managers at different levels
Must be resilient and prepared to work flexible hours as required
Advance computer literacy
Team work and work on own initiative