International Medical Corps is a global humanitarian nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in areas worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at high risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
Background to the Assignment
This position is needed to translate technical documents from Arabic into English, and vice versa. It is a consultant position. The translator will closely work in collaboration with the Liaison Officer, MENA Director and GCC Affairs when submitting such technical documents to our Arab donors
Purpose of the Assignment
The translator will be required to translate donor communication material and any content shared to them for translation. The translator shall work with the GCC in the MENA region. It shall be the point of connection for various user departments and the translator.
Scope of the Assignment
The translator will undertake the following duties and responsibilities and will be expected to:
- Make written translation and submit translation in word-processed documents
- Proof Read and edit the document
- Share draft translation with specified parties and Incorporate suggested changes to the translation
- All texts, including texts contained in figures, boxes, captions, sources and covers requires translation and proofreading
- Ensure high quality and accuracy of the entire document before submitting it to the user department
- Ensure accuracy of the terms and terminology used in the documents
- Ensure that the translation is written with style, correct grammar and spelling,
- Complete the work within the agreed timeline and submit the final translation in soft copy
- Ensure that the translation text is technically, linguistically and grammatically correct, error free and it should meet high quality standards, and would not need further editing after completion of translation.
- Professional translation from/to English and Arabic
- Provide accurate and timely translation in line with IMC standards.
- The translated materials should be provided to IMC after completion of the required service in soft copy
Implementation of the Assignment Deliverables
Translation shall be done within the stipulated deadlines in the work order
Code of Conduct
All Consultants are required to adhered to and promote International Medical Corps shared responsibility and obligation to report matters involving Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Trafficking in Persons, Child Safeguarding and any suggested violation to our Code of Conduct which may involve Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption or Harassment. If you see, hear or are aware of any suggested activities then you have an obligation to report to International Medical Corps.
- At least a degree in Translation, Linguistics and Public Health
- At least 7 years of professional experience in working in Non-Governmental organization in health field and fundraising
- Demonstrated good understanding of technical terms and terminology used in areas of public health and medicine
- Proven skills in translation and interpretation from and into English and vice versa
International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal consultancy opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.