UNRWA is a United Nations agency established by the General Assembly in 1949 and is mandated to provide assistance and protection to a population of some 5 million registered Palestine refugees. Its mission is to help Palestine refugees in Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, West Bank and the Gaza Strip to achieve their full potential in human development, pending a just solution to their plight. UNRWA’s services encompass education, health care, relief and social services, camp infrastructure and improvement, microfinance and emergency assistance. UNRWA is funded almost entirely by voluntary contributions. For its local team, UNRWA is seeking to employ a qualified:
Vacancy Announcement Number
Fixed Term Appointment
3 years including 1 year of probation
Monthly Salary JD 849 & 800 Fils. Plus SOA 17.83 % of basic salary. Other benefits include Provident Fund contribution (15% of basic salary paid by the Agency), medical insurance annual leave. Dependency benefits are subject to eligibility.
Field ICT Office
Jordan Field Office
5 September 2017
Deadline for Applications
12 September 2017
Place in the Organisation:
The incumbent is responsible to the Field Applications Officer.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Performs business and systems analysis tasks as assigned by the supervisor for the design, implementation, customization and maintenance of Agency software applications, including the SAP platform;
· Assists in collecting and documenting user requirements and preparation of system and programme specifications;
· Performs development and maintenance tasks on applications to which assigned, including SAP and other Agency platforms;
· Assists in proposals’ preparation for new, or changes to existing systems and applications;
· Assists in preparation of instructions manuals and other documentation for the systems and applications to which assigned;
· Assists in developing training material and conducting training for users of the applications;
· Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
· A university degree in computer science, business administration with a major in or focus on information technology, or other related discipline;
· Formal training in systems development tools and techniques.
· Four years of experience in the area of software applications development and implementation, one year of which must be in SAP-ABAP programming language and web applications development using ASP.Net and MS SQL Server;
· Experience in one of the following information system applications:
– Accounting and financial information systems (General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Budgeting and Forecasting);
– Supply chain managements systems (Procurement, Inventory and Fixed Assets Management Systems);
– Payroll and Human Resources Management Systems.
· Good command of spoken and written English and Arabic.
· Good communications and presentation skills;
· Ability to plan, prioritize and organize own work;
· Ability to work under pressure;
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
· Experience in implementing multi-user systems;
· Experience of application design and development in client-server environment on MS Windows platform;
· Experience or knowledge of applications development using MS-Access and development of reports using Crystal Reports;
The incumbent may be required to travel in the Agency’s area of operations.
When the minimum requirements are not fully met, Field Director for Field Area staff and Director of Human Resources for Headquarters Area staff, in consultation with the concerned supervisor may exceptionally substitute part of the unmet requirements with a combination of relevant academic qualifications, additional professional training and progressive relevant work experience.
NB: Work experience alone or formal qualifications with no relevant work experience are not considered an acceptable combination.
How to apply: