مطلوب للعمل لدى المجلس النرويجي لشؤون اللاجئين
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
1. Roles and Responsibilities
The Technical ICLA Legal Officer is responsible for providing legal support to ICLA beneficiaries, through counselling, drafting legal documents and/or contracts, approaching governmental and/or private entities in Jordan, and further legal actions according to valid and applicable Jordanian laws and regulations.
- Provision of information, counselling and further legal support, in accordance with valid and applicable Jordanian laws and regulations, to ICLA beneficiaries.
- Legal case management of beneficiary cases, including necessary follow up within agreed deadlines.
- Close liaison on legal matters with caseworkers in order to provide accurate and updated advice for ICLA beneficiaries.
- Conduct legal research, analysis when necessary, and developing training materials.
- Coordinate with other service providers to ensure a comprehensive service provision for ICLA beneficiaries.
- Provide legal counselling on the issuance and issues related to the Civil Status Law, Landlord and Tenants Law, and Labour Law.
- Draft legal agreements and contracts, including but not limited to: labour and lease contracts.
- Provide legal reports and other documents; and conducting legal analysis for laws and regulations as required.
- Provide legal counselling to other core competencies and programmes within NRC.
- Other tasks as required by line manager.
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies, guidelines and standards.
- Ensure compliance with Core Competency strategy, tools, handbooks, guidelines and standards.
- Responsible for implementation of technical activities of Core Competency project(s).
- Responsible for tracking financial expenditures for technical activities of Core Competency project(s).
- Responsible for technical quality control and monitoring of project activities.
- Ensure project documentation of technical activities of Core Competency project(s).
- Provide technical support and capacity building towards project staff.
- Provide technical analysis and feedback to NRC representatives in coordination forums.
- Assess, promote and document ideas for technical improvement and further program development options.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Promote the rights of internally displaced/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards & principles within NRC and amongst beneficiaries served by NRC.
- IF APPLICABLE: Monitor and document the implementation of project activities done by implementing partners and/or contractors (plan of action activities, contracts, financial expenditures and project documentation).
- IF APPLICABLE: Conduct quality control and provide technical support to implementing partners and/or contactors.
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- Relevant core competency implementation staff
- Support teams, Finance, HR, Admin and Logistics
- Protection staff
- Core Competency Specialists
- ICLA Specialist Team and ICLA staff in other geo locations.
Scale and scope of position:
Information: ICLA Database and Online Tools
Legal or Compliance:
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
1. Professional Competencies
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Experience from working within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Core competency expertise.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
Context/specific skills, knowledge and experience:
Qualification requirement: Bachelor degree or equivalent
Years of Experience: 3
- Valid license from the Jordanian Bar Association
- Native fluency in Arabic
- Work proficiency and good drafting skills in English
- Knowledge of the displacement context in Jordan
- Extensive knowledge of the Jordanian legal system and practice
- Background in Landlord and Tenants Law, and/or Foreigners and Residency Law, and/or Civil Law, and/or Civil Status Law, and/or Labour law is considered a strong advantage
- Knowledge of Sharia Law and its application in Jordan is considered an advantage
2. Behavioral Competencies:
- Planning and delivering results
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Working with people
- Strategic thinking
- Coping with Change
3. Performance Management
The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- The Job Description
- The work and Development Plan
- The NRC Competency Framework
Contract period: Through to 31 December 2021 (Renewal based on funding and performance)
Salary/benefits: 1347 JOD (subject to social security and Income tax)
Duty station: Amman
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities.
NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
B: Please enter your specific city of residency in Jordan in your application.
To review the Job Description, please download it by clicking on the “Job Description” hyperlink
showed below under the related documents field.
NRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing,training or any other fees). Offers of employment or job openings with requests for payment of fees are fraudulent. Victims of such scams should report them to their local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
Please Make sure to apply through the below link :
View the external job posting