Programme Manager – CTPF
The British Embassy, Amman is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual for the position of Programme Manager – CTPF, Grade – B3 (L).
Purpose of the job:
Working to the CT lead, manage the UK’s Counter Terrorism Programme Fund (CTPF) projects in Jordan, ensuring these are delivered on time and to budget. At least 3 years of programme management experience is required, including financial management. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate the ability to proactively identify risks, problem solve and to facilitate relationships with external partners. The ability to pay meticulous attention to detail and fluency in Arabic and English is essential.
The successful candidate will ensure that CTPF programming is delivered on time, to agreed outputs and outcomes and within budget. You will achieve this by planning and managing delivery. This includes identifying milestones and deadlines, plotting activity over the financial year to ensure spend occurs on time, overseeing finances and ensuring that implementers are delivering in line with Terms of Reference. Specifically, this includes:
- Driving forward programming by implementing project management tools to ensure timely delivery. This would include meeting with the CT lead on a weekly basis to provide an update on progress, coordinating CTPF monthly meetings on progress, taking responsibility for the team’s CT programming milestones grid by regularly updating it with activity, taking charge of quarterly delivery reports and identifying ways to improve current processes and procedures.
- Effectively managing programme finances to ensure value for money and full implementation of project funds. This includes: forecasting spend, ensuring that forecast and actual spend are aligned; updating the FCO’s accounting system with spend in a timely manner, spacing out activity to ensure that spend occurs in line with CTPF guidance and working with implementers to receive a timely identification of costs.
- Consistently identifying risks to programme delivery – conducting an ongoing assessment of risks to delivery, proactively working to resolve problems with CTEN CT lead and project implementers.
- Holding implementing partners to account, including in providing timely project reporting and documentation and ensuring they are delivering projects in accordance to agreed outcomes.
- Facilitating meetings for the CT lead with Jordanian partners to keep abreast of their capability.
- Effectively interpreting in meetings with Jordanian partners.
- Supporting the development of new projects: leading on the tender process for new programmes and supporting potential implementers in preparation of bid forms, contributing to project design with the CT lead.
Key Competencies and Required Skills:
- Managing a Quality Service – Effectiveness in this area is about being organised to deliver service objectives and striving to improve the quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements.
- Delivering Value for Money – The efficient, effective and economic use of taxpayers’ money in the delivery of public services. Seeking out and implementing solutions which achieve the best mix of quality and effectiveness for the least outlay.
- Collaborating and Partnering – People skilled in this area create and maintain positive, professional and trusting working relationships with a wide range of people within and outside the Civil Service to help get business done.
- Delivering at Pace – Delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes.
- Fluent communication skills in English and Arabic language (both written and spoken, this will be tested).
- Minimum 3 years of Project/Programme management experience, preferably with international stakeholders
- Candidate must hold a Degree level education in a relevant subject.
- Experience of budget management and forecasting.
- A flexible approach to work whilst under pressure
- Ability to work in fast-paced, high profile environments, and deliver to deadlines
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office packages.
- Experience of using relevant Foreign Office IT tools (e.g. PRISM, Hyperion)
- Security Clearance to Official Sensitive.
- Experience of Counter Terrorism or Security more widely.
Working Hours and Remuneration:
The position is full-time, at 37 hours a week with considerations of flexibility depending on circumstances.
Pay is on the Embassy B3 (L) scale, with a salary of JOD 1577 per month depending on the candidate’s skills and experience. The package includes a good level of health insurance and a friendly, English-speaking work environment. We offer opportunities to develop professional skills through our Learning & Development offer. Leave entitlement is 25 days (pro-rated) plus 14 public holidays.
This position is offered on a one year fixed term basis with the possibility of extension.
If you are selected for this position, we will be able to employ you as long as you:
- Receive the appropriate level of standard security clearance;
- Have (or be willing to obtain) the right to live and work in Jordan. Candidate’s residence permit and work permit, and the expense to obtain them, will be their own responsibility.
Interested candidates must attach the following documents when applying online.
- An updated Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- A (600 words) covering letter/statement of suitability outlining the competence and experience required.
** (Applications that do not include the above stated information will be rejected).
All applications must be received before 23:55 (Local Time) on 3 April 2019.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
Due to the large amount of applications we receive only those shortlisted for interview/assessment will be contacted.
The start date mentioned in the advert is an assumed start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances and reference checks.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy are subject to terms and conditions of service according to local labour law.
The British Embassy Amman is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.