Terre des hommes (Tdh) Jordan delegation is seeking to contract a professional that display the human, ethical and technical capacities to provide comprehensive support to logistic department in Jordan delegation and in the assigned operational areas.
I. Organization and Context background information
Created in 1960, the Foundation of Terre des hommes Lausanne (Tdh) mission is to defend and promote the rights of children, in humanitarian as well as development contexts. Today, Terre des hommes Foundation is the largest non-governmental organization (NGO) for children’s aid in Switzerland. Tdh implements projects and programs in more than 40 countries, including Lebanon, Jordan, Egypt and Palestine.
Tdh Jordan was established in 2007 in response to the Iraqi refugee crisis. Since then the program has evolved into responding to various emergencies that have afflicted the country at different periods in time, including the Syrian refugee crisis and in protecting the rights of children in contact and in conflict with the law. Through its Child Protection and Access to Justice programme, Tdh is addressing the issues of child labor, child marriage and SGBV, violence against children and prevention of violent extremism amongst youth in Jordan.
II. Objective and deliverables of the assignment
Under the direct supervision of the Logistic and Security Coordinator of Jordan and Palestine and working in collaboration with the Logistic and Security Officer of Tdh Jordan, the professional will perform a set of assigned logistic tasks aimed at supporting the on-going programme operations of Tdh Jordan, in compliance with Tdh and donors’ policies and principles.
The assignment will include but not limited to
- Procurement – supply
- Guarantee the supply chain efficiency for the delegation and keep an up-to-date database on prices and local suppliers and is familiar with the local market for supplies and for service requirements: transport, maintenance, storage, etc. ;
- Plans and executes purchases based on the procurement plans in collaboration with program / support teams;
- Organize the different stages in purchasing goods and services: orders, tracking, taking delivery, any customs, clearance, conformity checks and budget check;
- Ensure purchasing logistics procedures are followed (purchase methods, procurement plan, tracking purchase, etc.);
- Follows up on the purchase on the Procurement Tracking System and ensure that purchasing documents are complete and archived in compliance with Tdh and Donors’ procedures;
- Guarantees the editing, supervision and archiving of all the purchasing documents;
- Asset, Equipment and IT Management
- Engage him/herself in the process of identification, registration and labeling of all assets and equipment of Jordan delegation according to Tdh rules;
- Under the management of the supervisor, conduct training in the handling of equipment and on the related operating procedures if needed;
- Keep an updated database of the IT equipment, licenses, warranties and their conditions;
- Support the supervisor in conducting periodic trainings for all staff on software’s and applications commonly used in the delegation or Tdh.
- Support in other duties related to Logistics department up to 10 % if requested
III. Key deliverables
The following deliverables are expected from this assignment:
- Draft weekly plans in coordination with the Logistic Coordinator and the Programme Manager;
- Updated PSR tracker and Equipment follow up tool on a weekly basis and shared with the supervisor and the relevant staff in the office;
- Archiving of all the working files as per the regulation and the requirement of the direct supervisor;
- At the end of each, submit weekly reports to the supervisor and share with the Programme team, highlighting the progress made towards the weekly plan, the challenges, recommendations and suggestions for change.
IV. Timeframe and Remuneration
The short-term assignment is expected to be carried within a period between 1- 30 November 2020 (with possibility of extension). The total number of days for this assignment will be 22 days. Tdh will pay a JOD 40 as daily rate for the worked days, based on a workplan and timesheet approved and signed by the line supervisor, at the end of the contract. The total payment is subject to 5% income tax deduction.
V. Requirements for the professional:
- Extensive experience in working with INGOs, preferably in the field of operation and logistics from 3-5 years.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing SoPs
- Deep knowledge of the Jordanian context and camps support.
- Fluency in English and Arabic
- Ability to manage available time and resources and to work within tight deadlines.
- A demonstrated knowledge of Tdh regulations, policies and tools is a strong asset.
- Availability to travel to Tdh areas of operations;
VI. Ethical considerations
The consultant/consulting agency must sign the Terre des hommes Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct and be willing to adhere to its principles and expected practices. If a breach of the policy or code of conduct takes place the consultancy will be terminated immediately without any financial burden on Tdh.
VII. Disclaimer on copyright, data protection
All documents, project designs, drawings, data and information shall be treated as confidential and shall not without the written approval of Tdh be made available to any third party. In addition, the consultant(s) formally undertakes not to disclose any parts of the confidential information and shall not, without the written approval of Tdh be made available to any third party. The utilization of the report is solely at the decision and discretion of Tdh. All the documents containing both raw data/materials provided by Tdh and final report, both soft and hard copies are to be returned to Tdh upon completion of the assignment. All documentation and reports written as, and as a result of the research or otherwise related to it, shall remain the property of Tdh. No part of the report shall be reproduced except with the prior, expressed and specific written permission of Tdh.
The expert will work under the leadership of the logistics and security Coordinator of Tdh Jordan,
How to apply
The interested applicants should submit the CV to the human resources department at the
e-mail: [email protected]