AVSI Foundation, an NGO created in 1972, carries out cooperation projects for development, with particular emphasis on education. In its work, its attention is focused on the defense and promotion of the dignity of the person, the cornerstone of every project. We work all around the world thanks to a network of 35 founding members and more than 700 partners worldwide.
AVSI Foundation has been operating in Jordan since 2006 and contributed in supporting the most vulnerable local communities, Palestinian, Iraqi and Syrian refugees through providing projects and activities that focus on health and psycho-social assistance, education, vocational training and job placement and income-generating activities.
AVSI Foundation under UNESCO umbrella will start implementing a Cash for Work management assignment in the framework of the project “Employment opportunities for cultural heritage safeguarding in Jordan”, financed by the Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH in Rihab. The purpose of the project is to invest in cultural heritage preservation while creating short-term job opportunities for Jordanians and Syrians, women and men, as a contribution to sustainable socio-economic development and by utilizing culture as a source of resilience.
JOB TITLE: Data entry
DEPARTMENT : Projects
PROJECT: “Employment opportunities for cultural heritage safeguarding in Jordan”
REGION: Rihab village
STARTING DATE: 15.07.2020
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Project-based contract
PERIOD: 6 months (3 month’s probation period)
SCHEDULE: Full time
The data entry officer will be responsible of entering all information related to the Cash workers into the data processing software.
- Enter data into the software package established on daily basis after receiving the timesheets from the team leaders on site.
- Ensure that all relevant documents and data are entered into the system and produce the required reports on daily basis.
- Ensure that any data/information or reports requested are promptly provided and expedited in an efficient manner.
- Send/receive data transmissions (replications) on a timely basis as set by immediate supervisor.
- Perform daily backup of the system.
- Perform any other duties as requested by immediate Supervisor including outreach activities
REPORTING TO: Field Coordinator
Degree in a relevant field (Social work, administration, IT or similar)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Arabic, English is an asset.
- Good knowledge of computer software (Microsoft package)
- Good knowledge of the local context
- Strong communication skills and abilities to mobilize beneficiaries and local stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
How to apply
interested candidates send your CV to [email protected]
please mention the Job title on the subject field : Data entry-Rihab