Finance Intern- Amman, Jordan
Job Description and Requirements
Generations For Peace is looking for a Finance Intern to work in it’s headquarter based in Amman. The intern will contribute to the effective and efficient financial managing at GFP by supporting all related tasks concerning financial transactions, data entry, filling, bank reconciliation and records retention.
This internship opportunity provides an invaluable opportunity to contribute to GFP’s growing team and Jordan’s highest-ranked NGO (ranked #29 in the Top 500 NGOs in the World and the top-ranked Jordanian NGO by NGO Advisor).
To apply for this internship opportunity, please read the below job description then apply on GFP website no later than Sunday, May 5 2019
Purpose of the Opportunity:
The finance intern will contribute to the efficient and effective financial management at GFP, and will assist the team by filling and maintaining financial records of assets, liabilities, funds, expenditures, tax liability, or other financial activities.The intern will also assist the team in data entry, filling and processing all kinds of records retention.
- Accounts payable and Accounts receivables, including processing invoices, producing statement of accounts, collections on overdue accounts, and accounts reconciliation when it’s required.
- Invoice creation and distribution when required.
- Filing and records retention; keeping all financial information records secure by completing database backups and keeping information confidential.
- Manage the department calendar such as: events and meetings and assist with procurements as required.
- Reconcile with the banks and maintain files for billing statements
- Prepare the required documents for the meetings and assist the team during presentation preparations.
- Filling and arrange the box files for the departments.
- Any other duties that might be assigned by the direct manager or the head of department.
Generations For Peace Values:
- *Leadership:* demonstrating leadership and fostering leadership in others, both within the Programmes Department and with Delegates and Pioneers in the field
- Respect & Tolerance: showing respect and tolerance for all, within the Programmes Department, within the wider GFP office, with implementing partners, & with Delegates & Pioneers in the field
- Empowerment & Teamwork: supporting Programmes Department members and Delegates and Pioneers in the field, through proactive delegation skills and coaching and guidance to empower them and encourage creativity, use of initiative, and positive participation in team work
- Responsibility: demonstrating and encouraging responsibility, accountability and transparency, professionalism, care and diligence in respect of all people and property, and the brand and reputation of the organisation; seeking quality, effectiveness, sustainability, efficiency and good value for money; to maximise positive impact whilst minimising risk
Education, Qualifications, Competencies, Skills Required:
- BSc degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant professional experience.
- Computer skills (documents/spreadsheets/databases/presentations/calendars/email).
- Flexibility to perform and follow-up general and diversified tasks
- Proactive, communicative, accurate and eager to learn
- Willingness to work and grow within a team.
All interested candidates must apply on GFP website: https://www.generationsforpeace.org/en/work-with-us/ no later than May 5, 2019