The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation
The Livelihood Team Leader will be responsible for overseeing, coordinating and directly implementing livelihood activities in Azraq. They will manage the Livelihood officers and assistants for all projects in Azraq, they will also manage the daily implementation of economic empowerment and Livelihood activities in Azraq refugee camp including market development, productive income-generating activities, and livelihood and self-reliance training programs. They will closely monitor the quality of the activities and ensure close coordination with the country office technical unit, project staff, other service providers and the community for the implementation of the activities.
About the job
The individual will report directly to the Base Manager – Azraq . Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Manage the Livelihood team in Azraq refugee camp and in Azraq town
- Oversee the design and day-to-day implementation of all DRC livelihood activities in Azraq, including productive activities, market development, distribution of micro business grants, all skills and self-reliance trainings, and the cash for work.
- Coordinate directly with the Base Manager in the effective implementation of all project-related activities
- Plan, monitor and document the quality of activities in coordination with the MEAL officer
- Coordinate closely with the Base Manager to ensure that all activities are in line with the overall project targets and objectives
- Work closely with the partnership coordinator to establish and manage partnerships with the private sector
- Plan and coordinate logistic needs for livelihood activities with the support services team leader
- Co-coordinate the launch of assessments, key informant interviews, and focus group discussions needed to inform livelihood programming in the camp in coordination with the Program Quality Unit
- Monitor the livelihood context and areas of opportunity in the camp including gaps, needs, opportunities, and challenges
- Attend all relevant working groups and coordination mechanisms within the camp, and in Azraq town.
- Work closely with the County Office Livelihoods Technical Unit on needed support/inputs and the development of livelihood activities in Azraq
- Support continual improvement of DRC’s livelihood activities by capturing and sharing key challenges, articulating obstacles and proposed solutions, and identifying success stories to highlight
- Collaborate with other livelihood technical units in-country to share lessons learned, develop best practices, and coordinate on shared programming areas
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following: in economics, business development and planning, or other related fields.
Required / Desirable
- 3 years of experience in working in the field, preferably in a camp context.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision
- Excellent interpersonal, networking, and communication skills.
- Leadership skills
- Stress management
- Fluency in English and Arabic
Ideally, you also have
- Good knowledge of the Core Humanitarian Standards or other accountability measures/standards
- Knowledge of integrated development programming including the graduation approach
- Understanding of key challenges and mitigation measures in livelihoods programming in Jordan
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Designation of Duty Station**: Azraq**
Start date: October 2020
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered. Interviews will be conducted on rolling baiss**
Closing date for applications:19 September2020