Team Leader-Support Services
Team Leader-Support Services
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation The Team Leader- Support Services oversees support functions in the field. This includes HR responsibilities such as recruitment, contract renewals and support to the field teams regarding DRC personnel policies. In addition, the Support Team Leader is responsible for all logistics requirements in the field, including all procurement processes in accordance with DRC policies and procedures, fleet management in the field, and maintaining accurate filing systems. The Support Team Leader is also the focal point for all safety and security issues
About the job
The individual will report directly to Base Manager. Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Advise and assist with staff recruitment, including the development of TORs, and participation in interviews.
- Provide staff orientations, explain DRC policies and processes, and ensure that new staff have read, understood and signed DRC Code of Conduct.
- Follow up on contract durations and performance evaluations with line managers.
- Assist with basic counselling to staff who have performance related obstacles.
- Provide advice and assistance in developing human resource plans for the field office.
- Monitor daily attendance and leave balances for field staff.
- Line management of logistics staff, drivers, cleaners and security guard.
- Implement, track and document all procurement processes in accordance with DRC and donor policies and procedures, in a transparent, accountable, efficient and cost effective manner.
- Coordinate fleet management to ensure that vehicles are insured, assets are managed correctly, being driven safely, and maintained appropriately.
- Maintain accurate filing systems, with documented and supported records of action for audit purposes, and submit weekly logistics reports to the management team.
- Maintain an updated list of suppliers.
- Oversee office maintenance and related services such as electricity, water, internet and telephone.
- Carry out day to day office administrative requirements including dealing with incoming and outgoing post, office stationary replenishment and maintaining administration related files.
- Draft letters and correspondence as required, and translate (Arabic- English) informal documents for daily office needs.
Safety and Security:
- Be the focal point at field level for safety and security matters
- Make sure that all new recruited employees fill in and submit the RED form.
- Regular check for all safety tools and equipment in the field offices
- Update the Base Manager and Senior Safety Officer on the security situation in the area.
- Manage the security guards in the center
Other tasks as requested by line manager.
- University degree in Business Administration or relevant area
- At least 3 years professional experience in the humanitarian sector
- Knowledge of local labor laws and regulations
- Experience in logistics, preferably in the humanitarian sector
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills with a proven ability to work with a wide range of managers and staff members
- Excellent interpersonal and team work skills
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, databases)
- Professional proficiency in spoken and written Arabic and English;
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Designation of Duty Station:Nuzha
Start date: As soon as possible
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 12 May 2019
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.