مطلوب ضابط اداري و مالي للمجلس الدنماركي للاجئين للعمل في مأدبا-الأردن
Senior Finance and Administration Officer (National Contract)
We are looking for a highly qualified Senior Finance and Administration Officer is responsible for preparing financial statements, maintaining cash controls, preparing the payroll and maintaining accounts payable.
Who are we?
DRC is an international non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. With the vision that no displaced person must be in want of help to find protection and durable solutions, DRC provides assistance and protection to conflict-affected in many of the major conflicts in Asia, Africa and Middle East. The assistance can consist of relief and other humanitarian aid, rehabilitation and support to returning home, and the promotion of durable solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for the Cash for work payments on weekly and monthly basis for the ongoing project in Mujib.
• Follow up on workers contracts, payments according to attendance, and any other related admin tasks.
• Provide technical support for field finance and administration staff.
• Local Partner Financial management.
• Assist with preparation of the budget.
• Implement financial SOPs, policies and procedures.
• Establish and maintain cash controls.
• Establish, maintain and reconcile the general ledger
• Monitor cash reserves and investments.
• Prepare and reconcile bank statements.
• Ensure data is entered into the system.
• Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerised accounting system.
• Prepare Income statements as needed.
• Prepare balance sheets as needed.
• Help logistics in preparing monthly asset list.
• Assist with annual audit.
• Maintain the computerised accounting system.
• Maintain the financial files and records.
• Prepare monthly cash requests and prepare weekly cash reports.
• Maintain the contract follow up on a monthly basis, and make sure all contracts are renewed, closed, or paid on time.
• Carry out all cash and bank transaction for the Field office in Madaba.
• Cash Book registry update on a daily basis, and cash count on a weekly, and monthly basis with the Field coordinator or the project manager.
• Filing, Scanning, and sending the monthly financial documents to the coordination office in Amman.
To be successful in this role you must have:
• University degree in finance, accounting or related fields.
• At least 4 years of work experience with an international NGO
• Computer proficiency highly desirable, particularly use of MS Excel;
• Arabic & English (Fluent)
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
DRC will offer the successful applicant a Six months including three month as probation period, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work As Soon As Possible and be willing and able to work in Madaba -Jordan.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact [email protected]
Applications close 15 August 2017.