Driver (Fund to be confirmed)
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
Under the supervision of the Logistic department, the Driver is responsible for Transportation of ACTED staff and use of vehicle and other assets given to him appropriately.
1: General Responsibilities
- To transport ACTED staff within all the cities, camps and districts in which ACTED is operating;
- Update regularly the log-book for each trip (km start – km stop – hour departure time – hour arrival to destination, etc.) ; Keep your logbook clean and without many written error/mistakes;
- To fill out mileage log and write down the display meter mileage;
- To provide true and fair report of the covered distances and used fuel to the Logistic officer;
- To submit accurate fuel consumption reports and logbooks to Logistic officer at the end of the month for checking;
- To request from passengers to fill in and sign the log-book for each trip (km start – km stop – hour departure time – hour arrival to destination);
- To strictly refrain from using the vehicle for private needs or for the transportation of persons not involved in ACTED activities;
- To keep the vehicle clean by washing the chassis weeklyÂ and to clean the inside of the vehicle daily;
- To work overtime and on holidays when approved and requested by the Logistic officer;
- Ensure to record each trip on the logbook with the full details (Date, time of the trip, track of the journey, meter reading, passenger’s name & signature, fuel refill & driver’s signature)
- To perform any related duties are performed as and when requested.
- To bear security/safety responsibility of the passengers on board;
- Take care the safety and security of the passengers and make sure the seat belts are fasten both driver and passenger(s) while seated;
- Keep the speed limit of 20 km/h inside Zaatari camp, 40 km/h in cities and 100 km/h while out of cities on highways; respects traffic speed limits/rules while driving all the time. Failing to do so can lead to immediate dismissal;
- To decrease speed when necessary like when: passing in front of school, when animals are visible crossing the road, playground, villages etc;
- Check regularly the “first aid kits” and fire extinguishers inside the vehicle and report any problem to Logistics department;
- To obtain a security clearance prior to departure to the field or another base;
- In case of any accidents, due to ignorance of traffic rules and or high speed, driver will be responsible in front of ACTED and the party who have received possible damages;
- To be responsible for following security restrictions while traveling (e.g. curfew, avoiding restricted areas);
- To carry on first aid kit and fire extinguisher inside the vehicle;
- To be responsible for in time communication with security or logistic department to inform his and passengers location;
- To have all the necessary contact information in his vehicles (phone contact, Cell call list, Kilo code) and needs to remember the emergency contact numbers;
- Load and unload the vehicle; properly and place items inside vehicle with care and safety measurement;
- Note: Failing to follow any of safety rules has immediate reaction as consequence including dismissal.
2: Passenger Safety
To apply for this opportunity, please send your CV to: [email protected], mentioning “Driver” in the subject field.
The closing date to receive CVs will be on 15th of Nov 2018.