Position title: National Chief Accountant.
Working location: (SOS Children’s Villages Jordan)
Direct Supervisor : Finance Director.
The Employee Supervise Directly : National Office Accountant
The Employee supervises technically :Accountants in the Villages
Region: Jordan – Amman.
Monthly salary : 900 JOD
Main Client :
- National Director
- Finance Director
- National Management Team
- Board of Directors
- Finance Advisor(s)/Coordinator(s)
- Auditors (for contracting)
- External stakeholders, state authorities
Mission of the position
The Chief Accountant is responsible to:
- Organise National Association accountancy and ensure that local legislative requirements and SOS Children’s Villages financial requirements are met.
- Develop internal financial control policies, guidelines, and procedures for activities such as budget administration, cash management and accounting.
- Train and develop financial staff within the facilities in budgeting and financial management areas.
- Conduct internal audits of all facilities to ensure compliance with local and SOS Children’s Villages requirements.
- Prepare relevant financial information for all decision making bodies and other stakeholders.
- Defines and implements the budgeting procedure for all National Association facilities
- Draft / Support the Finance Director to prepare the budgets in accordance to the National Associations Strategic and Annual Plans and pre-approved international funds.Budget control
Controls usage of the National Association budget and reports all deviations to the Finance Director.
- Provides auditors with requested documents and reports and ensures a smooth auditing process.
- Reviews draft audit reports to be in line with the accounting data.
- Prepares the Audit Progress Reports and ensures the implementation of the Audit Management letter recommendations.
- Ensures continuous planning of all facilities cash flows.
- Prepares cash flow plan of the National Association.
- Prepares requests for transfers of international funds and sends them to the Regional/ International Office for approval.
- Sends confirmation letter and credit advice for received international funds to Regional / International Office.
- Works out and implements unified accounting rules for facilities.
- Ensures the accuracy and transparency of accounts.
- Ensures that the National Association uses the latest version of the SOS Children’s Villages accounting software (Navision).
- Consolidates and controls the National Association NAVISION data.
- Prepares Annual Financial Statements for the NA in accordance with the GSC Guideline Accounting Standard.
- Submits Navision accounting reports, bank statements to Regional Office in accordance to set deadlines.
- Consolidates statistical figures / key figures and prepares corresponding reports.
- Ensures booking and usage of sponsorship money, especially that money-gifts per child are in accordance with international standards and guidelines.
- Ensures accuracy of balances of money gifts per child.
- Holds trainings on financial standards and SOS Children’s Villages accounting software within the National Association.Internal audits
- Reviews the internal control system of facilities.
- Conducts internal audits in all National Association facilities.
Financial overview analysis
- Prepares relevant financial information for the decision making bodies and other stakeholders.
- Prepares and analyses financial reports to support strategic development of the National Association.
- Participate in annual planning workshops, and contribute in setting the annual planning goals for NA.
- Participate in the bi annual reviews and give a financial feedback.
- Monitoring and evaluation of the strategic planning financial impact using LUCY system.
- Provide the Finance Director and National director and board members with all the financial studies and reports.
Performs other Financial and accountancy relevant tasks assigned by the National Director ,Head of finance and board members
- BA degree in Finance or Accounting.
- At least 5 years of continuous work experience in accounting, including 1-2 years of management level.
- leadership and facility administration.
- Motivation for a work in the environment with children and youth as the final beneficiaries.
- Preferable 2 years experience in NGOs.
Competencies – knowledge, skills, abilities
- Proven communication and organisational skills.
- Excellent English and Arabic speaking and writing skills.
- Identification with the values of the organisation/ association and willingness to contribute to its aims.
- Hard-working, dedicated and able to work under pressure.Ability to work on conception basis
- Ability for team work
- Ability to work under stressful circumstances
- Organisational skills
As care and protection organization we aspire for all children’s to be safe and able to lead a life they value. we deliver policies, programs and services that support and enhance the wellbeing of all children’s under our care , taking a zero tolerance approach to any concern or abuse. All staff are required to comply with the Child Safeguarding Standards ,all staff have the obligation to report any concern, suspicion or abuse related to child safety .
كمنظمة رعاية وحماية ، نطمح أن يكون جميع الأطفال آمنين وقادرين على عيش حياة يقدرونها. نقدم سياسات وبرامج وخدمات تدعم وتعزز رفاهية جميع الأطفال الذين تحت رعايتنا ، مع الأخذ بنهج عدم التسامح مطلقًا مع أي شكوك أو سوء معاملة. يتعين على جميع الموظفين الامتثال لمعايير حماية الطفل ، وجميع الموظفين ملزمون بالإبلاغ عن أي شك أو سوء معاملة تتعلق بسلامة الطفل .
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please email your application (cover letter, CV) to [email protected] the position title must be mentioned in the subject line ( Chief Accountant ) . Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Closing date: 04/09/2020.
Please note: Due to the urgency to fill the post, recruitment will be done on the rolling basis and SOS Jordan reserves the right to recruit before the deadline